Ford Transit Connect Forum

How do you use your Transit Connect?

69 members have voted

1. 1. How do you use your Transit Connect?

• Personal
    • Small Business
    • Fleet

I use my Transit as my work truck and daily driver. Still prefer my Super Duty, but with gas near $4 here, the van gets more use. I guess this is what Obama and his buddies want- can't wait till they force me into an electric Transit-not!

Dave

• 9 months later...

About 5,000 miles on my new XLT Premium and I'm still liking it a lot. Moving to a home about 75 miles away from where I was living, and planning to fix up the previous place as a rental, but haven't firmed up plans enough to hire movers, etc. etc. The TC has done a great job handing chairs, desks, a twin-size bed, etc. etc. and being that this is my first "commercial" vehicle I have been pleased and surprised by the fact that it drives pretty much the same loaded up as it does empty. My wife drove it for the first time last week and, coming from a Toyota Yaris, she had no problem at all. The TC got praise from her for driving just like a car.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought my 2014 XLT LWB about a month ago. It replaced a 2000 Chevy Astro cargo van that I used for work. I own a pizza place/catering business and this is perfect. Comfy/economical enough for a daily driver but room enough to haul 80-90 pizzas at a time. The Astro could haul a lot more weight but that's not an issue for me. BTW the 2014 is a huge improvement over the previous generation in every way. I thought about buying a leftover 2013 but a side by side comparison was no contest.

• 2 months later...

i have a 2012 xlt i drive 400 miles per day highway. i have 172.000 miles on it and have spent about 5,000 on repairs. three front wheel beerings, 2 front brake jobs, complete struts and bushings for sway bar, and a rebuilt tranny at 145,000 miles. i like driving it but i am really not saving anything over my E350 because of repair cost