Ford Transit Connect Forum

How do you use your Transit Connect?

69 members have voted

1. 1. How do you use your Transit Connect?

• Personal
    • Small Business
    • Fleet

Mine is used in my dairy courier service. 42,000 miles since May. No troubles other than a mysteriously locking rear door. Can't say the same for the dealer so I switched dealers. Tomorrow I take delivery of a XLT Premium wagon to be used for both business and pleasure.

Appliance repair. My Transit Connect isn't actually mine (it is a fleet vehicle belonging to my company), but I like to think of it as mine and treat it that way. It is a nice upgrade in cargo area and features compared to the 2006 Grand Caravan C/V I drove previously.

• 1 month later...

I'm a director of photography and use my TC to haul my camera and lighting gear. It's perfect in size for a small shoot, and because the floor is low enough,I can finally roll my cart up with a ramp right into the van, which makes my life very easy! Not even a year and already 19,000 miles on it. I also use the van as a moving billboard for my other business, www.photonightlight.com. Hope to Post some photos soon...

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my blue XLT wagon late May 2010 and have logged 16k miles since then. I live near San Francisco, but I took delivery in Boston and drove it loaded floor-to-ceiling with boxes belonging to 2 of my kids who were graduating/vacating college back East. My wife and I were in the mood for a road trip, so we saved a lot by not shipping all that stuff. It's now my daily driver for a 15 minute commute to work.

My after-work distraction is buying, selling, restoring and collecting vintage, tube hi-fi and guitar amp equipment. It's an awesome pick-up and delivery vehicle for that (sometimes quite large) stuff. Once a month I fill it up with gear that I sell at the De Anza Electronics Swap. Lots of oohs and ahhs from the Silicon Valley techie crowd that I see there. Like astra65, I'm going to start loading and unloading with rolling racks via ramp. I haven't missed the Ford Ranger replaced by my TC at all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How do you use your Ford Transit Connect?

I am an independent contractor and work as a medical courier. The 2010 TC XLT Van that I use is mine. Purchased at the begining of August 2010, it now has just a few miles under 40k. Cost per mile is 12.5 cents and mpg is averaging 23.2. As I drive about 160 miles per day on both city streets and highways, I beleive that I have a very accurate value for the miles per gallon.

Looks like you and I bought about the same time, have about the same mileage and use ours for similar purposes. I only work 2 1/2 days a week though. I'm about to embark on my Tuesday run, 11 hours & 500+ miles in the cockpit with only 3 stops, one to refuel. Wednesdays and Thursdays are 300+ and 200+ respectively and a bit easier on the old body.

• 2 months later...

[Mine has been here since 8/28/09, just passed 38K miles. Took an office job so it is now just to and from work. (hearing a sigh of relief from the TC) It is used mostly for transportation, but has been the hauler of chioice for my bicycle collection. It works VERY well, and so far has been pretty much no trouble.

I have not been into the forum here for a while, but am starting to have a little more time than have had in the past.

Checked my mileage today, and saw 345 to empty on the fuel computer for the first time after today's fill up. looking at just over 27 MPG for now. Lovin' it. (the gas station guy is hatin' it!)

REC

Happily Transiting :shift:

• 1 month later...

vacation transport

vintage BMW motorcycle (R27) carrier

out of print motor books and ephemera

import car / european motorcycle swap meet transporter

general flea market set up transporter - filled to ceiling

and over flow up on the roof in 40" long THULE cargo basket

daily commuter, groceries, catching and releasing

woodchucks/skunks&racoons - they love the ride

to the next town !

love the BLUETOOTH and voice commands

3,000 miles since June '11

Silver Wagon XLT

Edited by cdiesel

• 1 month later...

Picked up the new silver 2012 XLT today for our tile installation bussiness. 6 years and 33k miles/year in an '06 F-350 Diesel has been painfully expensive at the pump and impractical as a daily driver. Most workdays are just hand tools, a wetsaw, and supplies. Still keeping the F-350 for the 1-2 days a month I need to haul heavy.

Also Dirtbike year round (the bike fits!) and kiteboard summers / kite ski winters and the Transit should fit in well with the hobbies.

Another plus here is everything will stay DRY for a change ;)

Edited by Jaymz

• 2 weeks later...

I use mine for small business: delivery, service trips, towing, etc. But then again, I pick it any time over a sedan where ever I go.

It's been a relieble vehicle: over 110K miles on it and I've replaced the front suspension bushings, one tie rod end, clutch, brake work and just recently the timing belt and an engine mount (transmission side).

I would love to have the facelift model (like the one in the US) with the new dashboard and cruise control but there might be a completely reworked model coming up in a year or so, so I may as well wait for that one.

• 3 months later...