Ford Transit Connect Forum

1.6 Ecoboost van, 90% ready to pull the trigger

I've been thinking of leaving the diesel team for a while. Recently the local dealer has dropped the price of some models they have in stock, including the 1.6 Ecoboost van. Going to make the decision tomorrow.

It's dark blue LWB, Trend trim level with a tow hook, mud flaps and a rigid bulkhead, 3 seats in the front, alarm etc.

connect_tra_deepimpact_140_88_70.jpg

My colleague suggested me getting a Transit Custom instead but I'm not ready to drive a mid-size van, too "business" for me.

This sounds like a cool rig. Remember the Diesel to gas penalty is 25%. The enjoyment of having 178 Hp will cause a big smile. If the size of the smile is big enough, then the cost will be worth it. Hopefully the inside of the 1.6 is up to the extra Hp. The Transit custom comes as a wagon which would offset the business look to a large degree. Have you Driven this rig yet

Edited by G B L

I haven't driven it yet. FYI: the 1.6 Ecoboost Connect is detuned to 150 hp in Europe, probably for tax reasons, some states tax the crap out of anything above "slow".

Can't buy a wagon version as it's not eligible for tax return in business use. The breakeven point by purchase price in comparison to similar diesel unit is roughly at 100 000 km and it'll take me a few years to get there. Naturally it'll hurt every time you fill up as an immediate emotion of driving a gas vehicle.

Big brother is in every body's business these days . If the tax is on HP only then you will not notice much of a difference. They should be able to maintain the torque and feel and still limit the Hp at the top.

Take a test ride and make sure you like it. You seem to use your vehicles up completely so this is a long term purchase.

Test ride scheduled for tomorrow morning. Me using up my vehicles is more of an accident than a rule. I just like the current van so much that it's been hard to part with it. It's not normal, I know.

Nice Which Transmission is in the new rig? Hope this one is as good as the last one. Send pictures, Are you putting your red ford emblem on the new one?

Edited by G B L

Thanks, the box is 6-speed auto, no other options. Pics have to wait until it arrives from another town. Not sure about the red emblem, the new emblem is quite big, thick and at an angle. I have already scheduled the full wrap for 16-18th of May.

That is the same Trans I have in mine after it goes through the adaptive process it shifts well. Hope the half shaft leak misses your rig. With no dip stick and no tell tale you need to pay attention.

It's dark blue LWB, Trend trim level with a tow hook, mud flaps and a rigid bulkhead, 3 seats in the front, alarm etc.

connect_tra_deepimpact_140_88_70.jpg

there is a Lost IDIOT in Maryland that is going to be so jealous ................................... :ohsnap: