Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014+ Lowering Springs

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to follow up. I never heard back from the guys at Eibach. reached out with many emails and contacted people I know that know him. ZERO customer service. I reached out to Eibach in Germany and they never responded too. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up, I know mine was. I'm super let down and pissed. 

That being said I ordered a set from MYC.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did the driveway install this weekend. It was my father’s day present to get some time to install the springs. What a pain to take the cowel apart and take the wipers out. 

Poweder coat or what ever they used on the springs was not evenly coated. But all in all seams okay. Rides a bit stiffer and seams to handle good. And the springs got here in 3 days. 

8D84AC4F-B65C-4E7B-B6D1-971124B51115.jpeg

Looking nice.  Refreshing to see a Transit Connect that is not a commercial vehicle.  Around here, Transit Connects are all over the road; and almost every one of them is in commercial use.  You haven't had any problems with the lowered ground clearance?  No scraping on driveways, bottoming out on hills, or scraping?  

14 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

Looking nice.  Refreshing to see a Transit Connect that is not a commercial vehicle.  Around here, Transit Connects are all over the road; and almost every one of them is in commercial use.  You haven't had any problems with the lowered ground clearance?  No scraping on driveways, bottoming out on hills, or scraping?  

that's a negative. seems to be a non-issue. but that being said I have lowered just about every vehicle I owned for the last 25 years. it rides a little stiffer, that's expected and okay with me. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/18/2018 at 7:42 PM, Project bike truck said:

Well I did the driveway install this weekend. It was my father’s day present to get some time to install the springs. What a pain to take the cowel apart and take the wipers out. 

Poweder coat or what ever they used on the springs was not evenly coated. But all in all seams okay. Rides a bit stiffer and seams to handle good. And the springs got here in 3 days. 

8D84AC4F-B65C-4E7B-B6D1-971124B51115.jpeg

That looks the nuts. Love the colour.

On 3/1/2018 at 5:01 PM, Captainobvious said:

This is without any spacers. If you add spacers, they will protrude for sure out past the fender edges. Also your wheel offset makes a difference in this as well. If you get the correct size wheels (bolt pattern and offset) then no you don't need any spacers or adapters. I'm not saying it can't be done if you prefer that look, simply that it's something to note for those wondering.

IMG_3109.JPG

The drop is spot on there.

• 2 months later...

@Project bike truck 

Those Focus ST wheels look great on the TC. I may try to look for a used set on eBay rather than go aftermarket.

MYC has the perfect drop. Eibach only drops 1" in the rear.

Those who lowered with MYC MK2 springs, did you also install the GAZ MK2 shock absorbers that they recommend? Don't want to buy what I don't need, as I dont haul much besides a light road bike or a couple of people

It is strongly recommended that if purchasing this kit the GAZ Transit Connect MK2 Adjustable Rear Shock Absorbers are fitted as a matter of course to work in conjunction together."

Edited by s5pitfire
Typo

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 7:57 PM, s5pitfire said:

@Project bike truck 

Those Focus ST wheels look great on the TC. I may try to look for a used set on eBay rather than go aftermarket.

MYC has the perfect drop. Eibach only drops 1" in the rear.

Those who lowered with MYC MK2 springs, did you also install the GAZ MK2 shock absorbers that they recommend? Don't want to buy what I don't need, as I dont haul much besides a light road bike or a couple of people

I never got rear shocks and I know I need to. I was going to try and figure out a shock length for a KYB or something rather than the adjustable ones. But it definitely needs shorter shocks. They bottom out without it. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Greetings all! I finally got around to having a local performance shop install the GAZ ultimate coilovers and do the alignment on my TC. It's about time - I've had them sitting in the box for 2 years. 

The rear dropped 4 inches out of the box as you see below. The front didn't drop as much out of the box as I wanted, so they were adjusted to be 0.5" lower as you see below. Dampers are set to medium stiffness and there is no fender rubbing or ramp scraping. It's definitely stiffer than the oem suspension by about 50%. I enjoy how flat it can corner and how I can feel the rear really hugging the road. Wheels are 18x8 ET45

20220626_144533.jpg

20220626_144544.jpg

Edited by s5pitfire
Better pics pt.2