Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014+ Lowering Springs

Getting my van this weekend and installing 19" Focus RS rims soon thereafter. I'm not holding my breath for a bolt-on coilover kit so for now I'd just like to put a mild 1" drop on it. Is there an H&R or Eibach spring kit available? Google isn't finding anything.

• 2 weeks later...

The 245/35/19 has a sidewall of 3.4 inches , The stock tire 215/55/16 has a side wall of 4.7 . In Vermont with dirt roads in the mix even the stock tire is vulnerable to tire and Rim issues . You must have the luxury of smooth roads. I saw the photo of your rig looks very nice.

Edited by G B L

• 9 months later...

Thanks! That looks fantastic. Perfect amount of lowering.

I have the same color in the LWB and am doing 19x8.5 wheels as well. What lowering kit did you go with? Was it the MYC MK2 spring kit (cheaper solution) or the ultimate coilover set?

How is the ride quality now and do you get any rubbing with full turn of the steering wheel? Finally, what is the offset of those RS wheels?

Thanks for sharing.

Just the MK2 springs. I didn't like the coil over option because the fronts have to be removed to adjust the damping. Amazingly there is zero rubbing even when I'm overloaded. My only gripe is the rear springs are little too soft for me because when the van is loaded with lots of stuff I'm sagging in the rear and will sometimes scrap my trailer hitch on driveways. I'm looking into rear air shocks for when I have heavy loads. I just need to measure the stock shocks to find the right model number.

Sorry I don't recall the offset, but I think I wrote it down in the wheel thread section somewhere.

Edited by DapperVan

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2017 at 11:33 AM, MLB said:

That looks great. But not very functional. ?

How so?

Mine has the same lowering spring kit and the ride quality is almost identical to stock. I go over speed bumps without problems and I haven't scraped anything due to clearance issues (Haven't had any issues). I was actually very surprised with just how good the ride quality was. You may lose a little bit of weight capacity with less travel, but I've loaded up 14+ bags of soil/mulch and more in there and it still hasn't had any clearance issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2017 at 11:33 AM, MLB said:

That looks great. But not very functional. ?

Hey the car looks beautiful and exactly the look I'm going for with my TC but I just need to know did you need spacers for your wheels or they fit factory without an adapter?

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, Captainobvious said:

You don't need spacers. In fact, if you use spacers with a wheel that's already that wide, they will protrude out past the fender well and look a bit "odd".

The world would be a sad boring place without "odd". I like the wheel to protrude out past the fender but by virtue of a wide tire. A tall skinny tire, not so much.

• 2 weeks later...

This is without any spacers. If you add spacers, they will protrude for sure out past the fender edges. Also your wheel offset makes a difference in this as well. If you get the correct size wheels (bolt pattern and offset) then no you don't need any spacers or adapters. I'm not saying it can't be done if you prefer that look, simply that it's something to note for those wondering.

IMG_3109.JPG

Edited by Captainobvious

Hijacking my own thread to ask...does anyone know the rear shock bolt diameter? I'm looking to put Monroe MA817 air shocks out back. They have a 1/2" sleeve ID. I measured the thread sticking out of the stock shocks and it appears 1/2" but I want to be sure. All aftermarket shocks for our van on RockAuto have larger sleeves, but guessing they use reducers.

Love my lowered van, but the back end bottoms out when fully loaded with junk in the trunk.