Welcome to the Ford Transit Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

•  
    Custom Search

DapperVan

2014+ Lowering Springs

13 posts in this topic

Getting my van this weekend and installing 19" Focus RS rims soon thereafter. I'm not holding my breath for a bolt-on coilover kit so for now I'd just like to put a mild 1" drop on it. Is there an H&R or Eibach spring kit available? Google isn't finding anything.

Waiting for pictures , I lowered my rig with 500 Lbs of tools in the back.

What will is the size of the tire you will be using on the 19 inch rims?

Rims purchased, pics coming soon.

Mustang nice to see you are well. It is in Vermont also

There's more sidewall than you'd think since it's a 245 width tire. 35% of 245mm is 85.75mm or 3.38". My SO has a Fiesta ST with 195/17r45's and our sidewalls look identical.

The 245/35/19 has a sidewall of 3.4 inches , The stock tire 215/55/16 has a side wall of 4.7 . In Vermont with dirt roads in the mix even the stock tire is vulnerable to tire and Rim issues . You must have the luxury of smooth roads. I saw the photo of your rig looks very nice.

Edited by G B L

Can you post up any pics of this setup? I am also considering 19" wheels and would love to see how it looks on your TC.

Also, any update on lowering springs that you've come across?

Thanks! That looks fantastic. Perfect amount of lowering.

I have the same color in the LWB and am doing 19x8.5 wheels as well. What lowering kit did you go with? Was it the MYC MK2 spring kit (cheaper solution) or the ultimate coilover set?

How is the ride quality now and do you get any rubbing with full turn of the steering wheel? Finally, what is the offset of those RS wheels?

Thanks for sharing.

Just the MK2 springs. I didn't like the coil over option because the fronts have to be removed to adjust the damping. Amazingly there is zero rubbing even when I'm overloaded. My only gripe is the rear springs are little too soft for me because when the van is loaded with lots of stuff I'm sagging in the rear and will sometimes scrap my trailer hitch on driveways. I'm looking into rear air shocks for when I have heavy loads. I just need to measure the stock shocks to find the right model number.

Sorry I don't recall the offset, but I think I wrote it down in the wheel thread section somewhere.

Edited by DapperVan