Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
buckethead

What is this?

Can Anyone identify this? It appears to be a sensor of some sort. Located just behind the passenger slider on a 2015 Transit Connect. The big question being, can I move it?

I'm not sure I know what your referring too. Can you provide a picture?

Your not referring to the back up sensors located just behind the passenger wheel well are you?

Edited by Booner

No problem---really like how you removed the floor plate in the cargo area. I think I'm going to have to do this

If it's on the exterior then it could be the bumper for the rear 180 degree swinging doors.

There are Impact sensors on both sides of the Sliders one in the B pillar and the other about 3to4 inches behind the slider door. I don't think that you would want to move them.

There is also a latch that will not let you open the right slider if you have the fuel door open.

Yes it is in the right place and the component diagram has only one thing in the harness there behind the slider.

If it is the right side of the car there is another module above the impact sensor and that is the fuel pump control module

I am not sure what impact moving it would have

Cheers

Edited by G B L