Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
dbcooper

Why would Ford

Make HVAC controls look just like a radio? I'm old school not used to to controls on the steering wheel. Reach for the volume and turn the temp control :).

Well, be happy you still have regular turning knobs as these are slowly disappearing from the market. First a push button you would have to look at before pressing it, now touchscreens which are complete WTF, like we have to stop the car before using the HVAC controls. There's no muscle memory that can be used for touchscreens.

My Toyota has a push button for the telephone screen, then there is a 6 x 20 mm "Speed Dial" virtual button on screen you have to hit while driving, it's the size of a vitamin capsule. Then, if and when you manage to hit it there are matchbox sized speed dial buttons for contact names. Well, hello.

Don't get me started about voice controls :)

I've still not gotten over not making the front vent window anymore.  I was driving an old red pickup along a winding country road one day, holding on to the steering wheel, with a burger in one hand and a coke in the other, when a bumble bee hit the vent window and landed between my legs.  The bee was buzzing and really pissed.  My life flashed before my eyes.  I dropped everything and when I got the truck to slow down enough I bailed out the door.  When I caught up to the truck the bee was gone.  Pheewww!  :bee:  Despite that I still love the old vent windows.