Ford Transit Connect Forum

Why would Ford

dbcooper

Well, be happy you still have regular turning knobs as these are slowly disappearing from the market. First a push button you would have to look at before pressing it, now touchscreens which are complete WTF, like we have to stop the car before using the HVAC controls. There's no muscle memory that can be used for touchscreens.

My Toyota has a push button for the telephone screen, then there is a 6 x 20 mm "Speed Dial" virtual button on screen you have to hit while driving, it's the size of a vitamin capsule. Then, if and when you manage to hit it there are matchbox sized speed dial buttons for contact names. Well, hello.

Don't get me started about voice controls :)

• 1 year later...

I've still not gotten over not making the front vent window anymore.  I was driving an old red pickup along a winding country road one day, holding on to the steering wheel, with a burger in one hand and a coke in the other, when a bumble bee hit the vent window and landed between my legs.  The bee was buzzing and really pissed.  My life flashed before my eyes.  I dropped everything and when I got the truck to slow down enough I bailed out the door.  When I caught up to the truck the bee was gone.  Pheewww!  :bee:  Despite that I still love the old vent windows.