Ford Transit Connect Forum

mrtn is correct on them being nice and bright. Just wait till that one special car flys up behind you flashing and honking his horn, pull the switch out and watch Mr. I must do 75 in a 65 in the far right lane because I am special slam on his brakes and become a small dot in the rear view.

Not that I have ever done this. lol

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/29/2017 at 2:33 AM, Fifty150 said:

I ended up installing extra amber lights into that little piece of plastic trim above the OEM tail lights.

They turn on when I turn on my fog lights.  And they also flash & strobe.

A bit off-topic, but I have these ones, they're wired into the reverse bulbs because idiots don't pay attention these days, their phones are more important! Mine are white/amber split, I got tired of people walking past or driving past as I'm trying to back out of parking spots. It was kind of a PITA getting these on because of all the internal ribs inside the plastic, I'd have been better off finding a pair of Titanium ones and putting hide-aways inside them.

TransitConnect.jpg

On 10/29/2017 at 6:15 AM, mrtn said:

You need amber strobes for work?

They are good to have if you have to park unconventionally on the side of the road.    

Depending on the state that you're in, there are different regulations for the use of flashing lights, and what colors you an use.

It's not like I'm just double parking to run personal errands, because I'm too lazy to find a parking space and walk.  On the rare occasion, I may be called in on a day off to respond to a critical incident.  You never know what could happen, or when it will happen, when you're in the public safety sector.

I used yellow, instead of red or blue, because it matches the fog lights.  The lights turn on with the fog lights, and flash with the fog lights.  Yellow is more visible, especially in the fog.  Or is that just an urban myth, and that's why people don't use yellow fog lights like they used to?  I defy the science.  I would rather have yellow lights, as opposed to white lights, in the snow, or in the fog.