Ford Transit Connect Forum

2017 Ordering Guide

So Ford's press release said:

"Ordering for the 2017 Transit Connect cargo van and Transit Connect Wagon begins online March 14, with vehicles available at Ford dealerships in September."

Has anyone found an ordering guide or anything for the 2017 yet?

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/03/01/2017-ford-transit-lineup-new-engine-for-e-series-chassis-cutaway.html

New smart technology for Transit Connect
Ford Transit Connect – America’s best-selling compact commercial van – also gets enhancements for 2017.

SYNC® 3 with 6.5-inch touch screen and navigation is standard for 2017 Transit Connect Wagon Titanium. The system features faster performance, more conversational voice recognition, a more innovative smartphone-like touch screen and easier-to-understand graphical interface to help Ford customers connect on the road. SYNC 3 is optional on Transit Connect XLT cargo van and Transit Connect Wagon XLT.

Transit Connect Wagon will be available in two new premium packages for Titanium and XLT trim levels, while short-wheelbase vehicles can be ordered in Titanium trim for the first time. Reverse sensing, automatic headlamps, roof rails and six-way power driver’s seat are now standard equipment for Titanium and XLT trim levels.

Guard Metallic paint replaces Tectonic Silver Metallic for Transit Connect Wagon late in the model year.

Ordering for the 2017 Transit Connect cargo van and Transit Connect Wagon begins online March 14, with vehicles available at Ford dealerships in September.

That's the press release I was referring to, it mentions ordering online begins March 14th, but I can't see anywhere to find a real ordering guide.

What I'm most curious about is it mentions two new premium packages without explaining what they are.

Either way I did some measuring today and figured out that if I can pop the seats out, I can definitely fit my motorcycle into a Transit Connect, so I think one is in my future! I just want some more information before I decide to go new or used.

I just asked my local Ford dealer about the 2017 orders and he informed me that official orders will not be taken until at least 2 weeks from today.

He also stated that he has the 2017 order guide, but it does not list a Titanium option for the SWB (like the Ford release says it would), so it appears some of this press release is BS (or my dealer is). I'd also like to know what the new trim levels are. It's sad how the Transit Connect is treated like the bastard step child of their vehicles. Not even the dealers seem to care about them.

Man, that's bizarre. Currently weighing a few options for my next vehicle, and the Connect is on the list of three (new Civic hatchback, Fusion Sport, Transit Connect, all very different, I know!). If those new Titanium packages have some more high tech options (Adaptive Cruise Control would be amazing) it'll be a really tough choice!

Here's the 2017 Ford Transit Connect Schedule:

Order Banks Open: 04-11-16

Scheduling for Building Begins: 05-12-16

JOB1 Start of Production: 07-04-16

Good to hear, thanks! Guess I'll start bugging my dealer for an ordering guide soon.

I know it's totally a big thing to wish for, but if one of those premium packages means you can get the Connect with adaptive cruise I think I'm sold.

So the order banks open on Monday and I'm pretty excited to see what new configurations are possible (really hoping for Titanium with Ecoboost, but not holding my breath). Anyways, I'm really wondering when the Ford "build and price" site is going to have the 2017? I'm definitely going to check on Monday, but again, not holding my breath.

I look forward to somebody posting the ordering guide .PDF file each year. It's so much more useful than the website Build & Pride feature. You can see at a glance which models include the features you want. The website makes you start with the model, which might make sense if appearance is your first priority, and you never even see some features that may only be available on other models. I was started down the custom order path for a van model when I came across the 2015 order guide and found that I could get most of what I wanted by buying a wagon model.

The Ford website needs to show the full grid of model vs. feature info included in the order guide to help shoppers reach a decision. Or at the very least, provide a download link for the .PDF file. It gives more info in one spot than hours spent custom configuring multiple models on the website.

We guys...I'm crushed.

I went to order my 2017 Transit Connect and they printed out the ordering guide for me. The very first thing printed on the page under "New for 2017 MY" is 1.6L EcoBoost I-4 Gas engine is no longer available.

Holy shit there goes my plans.

Yes for 99% of you guys this doesn't mean jack squat, but to me it's a game changer. I now have to find a different vehicle for my family.

If the ordering guide isn't made available to the public soon I'll probably scan my copy and post a link. It's 15 pages so it would be a pretty big file.

Good luck, if you don't that one has every thing else including the tow package and the 17" wheels and a nice grey. You will enjoy the 1.6 Turbo more than the ford touch. I found a few more also.

Keep us posted

Edited by G B L

I put a deposit on a 2016 that's on the boat. Should be here in 3 weeks.

1.6, rear swinging doors, 17" wheels, forward ans rear assist, blind spot indicator and My Ford Touch. Silver with black interior. I was hoping for white and stone, but the color has grown on me. It looks just like this pic.

post-5605-0-59114900-1460870303_thumb.jp

Great looking choice . I think you will be happy with your choice . The Dark interior is a must for me. Light seats do not do well for me. The Swing doors are the first reason I looked at the TC vs a mini van, Good choice .

Looking forward to the real pictures and the first driving impressions.

The count down begins.

Yeah I had to have the swinging doors. It's the biggest separator from a minivan in my opinion.

This is one of my other vans. 1989 Toyota TownAce turbo-diesel 4wd 5-speed. Imported from Japan it's right hand drive. It has a lift gate, but for this it's still cool.

post-5605-0-83338200-1460910549_thumb.jp