Ford Transit Connect Forum

What is it ? Ford part.

brueg

Called their parts dept. Its a heater plenum drain. It appears to connect externally just below where the A/C lines go thru the firewall . I wonder how many have lost theirs. If mine hadn't fell off in my driveway I would have never known. Anyway I'll let the dealership replace it after my vacation. If one of you is under your transit changing oil or something would you take a pic and post it. These pics show where I think it should be.

DCP_0274.jpg

DCP_0273.jpg

Edited by brueg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Anyone have a definitive answer on this? Answer as in, is it a mission-critical part or can we leave it laying in the driveway? I found this exact part laying on my driveway when I came home from work yesterday. It sure must be poorly attached, if it will fall off the vehicle while it sits motionless in a driveway. I'm holding onto it and will bring it with me to the dealer when I get an oil change, I guess.

Edited by azdamay

• 2 months later...

Anyone have a definitive answer on this? Answer as in, is it a mission-critical part or can we leave it laying in the driveway? I found this exact part laying on my driveway when I came home from work yesterday. It sure must be poorly attached, if it will fall off the vehicle while it sits motionless in a driveway. I'm holding onto it and will bring it with me to the dealer when I get an oil change, I guess.

I'm all ears here !!!!! Just found mine in the driveway !!!

They just reattached it when I brought it with me. I can hope they secretly glued it and didn't tell me that... otherwise it's just falling out again. And it is some kind of drain tube.

Had a problem with condensate from the AC unit coming into the passenger side this past summer. I checked and the elbow cap was missing from covering the condenste drain tube. I solved the problem by putting s plastic elbow into the rubber tube, pointed it down, and secured it with a hose clamp. The elbow cover apparently keeps the air from blowing the condensate back into the vehicle.

Edited by JWWOODY

Can you point me (and others) to the location of this part? Is it fairly easy to get to? I'd like to check on it and see if it's still there.

It is on the firewall, behind the engine and is tough to get to. The steering rack blocks it. It is easier to get to if the vehicle is on a lift, or if the front is up on ramps or jack stands.

Edited by JWWOODY

• 2 weeks later...