Ford Transit Connect Forum

Removing bulkhead/partition/divider?

Hey there. just got my transit connect home. Starting on some basic cleaning up to get it ready for a camper conversion. The partition behind the front seats is bolted to the plastic moulding on the B pillar as well as the ceiling between the B pillars. It seems to be some sort of riveted/non removable hardware.. I haven't seen it before. Is it just something I have to drill out and then later try to remove the metal bits floating around in my car?

Thanks!!

post-5516-0-41019400-1458056508_thumb.jp

post-5516-0-37101900-1458056529_thumb.jp

Its a Blind rivet, You will have to drill it out carefully. I would start with a 3/16 Drill and if the head comes off when you get 3/16 to 1/4 into the head you will have the right drill, if not then go to a 1/4 " drill .

Its a Blind rivet, You will have to drill it out carefully. I would start with a 3/16 Drill and if the head comes off when you get 3/16 to 1/4 into the head you will have the right drill, if not then go to a 1/4 " drill .

thanks for the fast reply, will do!

• 3 weeks later...

That's aftermarket but rigid nonetheless. Someone will definitely buy it from you. I am looking for a "new" Gen1 ('12-13) with a rigid bulkhead and most LWB in Germany (where there are a lot for sale) are equipped with the cage type divider.

• 9 months later...

We also have a partition like this in ours and it is going to be taken out. Wonder where one could sell this and how much could it fetch. The van also had shelving units along both sides that will be sold, dont know what they are worth either. We put them up on the local facebook sales pages but no interest yet. We were going to try and sell them as we have no real use for them.