Ford Transit Connect Forum

Wheel bearings (front)

hogrider03

Well I put new tires on my 2010 TC two weeks ago. With 55,000 miles they were toast. I Thought the loud pulsating noise were the tires....nope. Front left bearing and right center shaft bearing. I can't even see out of my side mirrors because of the vibration is so bad! Took it into the dealer and Ford is covering the cost. Whew, just made it within the warranty time frame. Found out that the front wheel bearings are being re-engineered. Hum, no recall? Anybody been down this road yet?

• 9 months later...

yea im a fleet mechanic for a company with 60+ transits and we hav had 3 front wheel bearings go bad so far the first 2 ford coverd this 3rd 1 we had to do, and they suck cuz they are pressd in the spindle, and the van only had 40,000 miles, we hav had so many problems with the ford transits from the cooling fans goin bad, front doors allmost falling off, doing brakes every 7,000 to 15,000 miles, transmissions, belt tensinors and idler pullys and all of the ford transits we hav are under 55,000 miles im guna b surprised if they last past 100,000

I had to replace the driver side front wheel bearing around 12k miles and the passenger side front wheel bearing at 20k miles. I just replaced the tires at 42k and now I'm getting the pulsating noise again. This is my first Ford and probably be my last. I'm debating if I should go and get a Nissan NV

• 2 years later...

I have a 2012 transit with 165,000 miles i have done 5,500 dollars worth of maintence on it. Rebuilt tranny 145k miles three front wheel bearings and complete round of brakes and struts. the milage is nice but i dont svae enough to justify this van. i have had several e350 and they cost more to drive but a lot less maintnece.