Ford Transit Connect Forum

Drl's on 2015 Transit/Grand Tourneo Connect

Hi peeps,

Became the pround owner of a MY 2015 Grand Tourneo Connect 1,6 Ecoboost with 6 speed auto box.My first Ford ever,and WOW,what a way to enter the brand.

My qeustion relates to daytime running lights.As I am based in sunny South Africa,Drl's are not yet required by law,hence no such function at present.Have tried to activate the with owners handbook instuctions,but no luck.

Read on another Drl topic,albeit the previous Connect shape,that it is just a question op getting the right relay from dealer and inserting into relay box,but not sure if this relates to current versions of the vehicles.

My logic states that all the current production units would be pre wired to activate the drl's,but not sure if I need to visit dealer to activate via onboard systems.

Also suppose if they were to work,they would operate on the normal high beam,with reduce output,until auto headlights does the switching on of "normal" headlights.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Best,

Kobus

Morning,

I'm pretty sure the wiring is identical. There's no economical reason to have separate wiring looms for different regions. Open your Owner's Manual and see the fuse box layout, the DRL relay should be listed, see if yours is there.

Does yours have a rain sensor? Over here they have the DRL and rain sensor in the same package for a reason unknown to me, especially considering that the DRL are mandatory and all cars have to have those standard.

Edit: wait, perhaps the rain sensor goes together the auto headlight on function, not the DRL function. DRL only run at 60% voltage and are no good for night driving.

Edited by mrtn

I ordered the DRL as a factory option here in the US.

Another poster a while back (over a year ago) had mentioned that your Ford dealer can easily program the DRL option for you. Nominal fee.

Try asking your local dealer if they can do it for you.

• 1 month later...

If I have DRL's and want to add automatic headlights as well.

Would it be possible to install an automatic headlight switch from another transit?

I assume the wiring should be very similar...?

Edited by Cosworth

• 2 weeks later...