Ford Transit Connect Forum

Tire Pressure Monitor

Mike LaB.

For about a week now the "wheel" light on the dash panel has been lit showing that one of the tires has low pressure. I can't find a problem.

My service writer at Ford says that the electronic sensor in the car is reacting to the colder weather we are having here in south Florida and that a lot of cars are having that condition.

(Cold air lower psi - hot air, higher psi).

Has anyone ever come across this condition?

• 2 weeks later...

The tire pressures all read as they should. There was not any tire pressure problem.

The "wheel" light is still lit. I wonder if there is a 'reset' button somewhere to shut off the light after the condition is corrected.

mine stayed on for a bit then went out and my tires were low

Edited by Flying Media

mine stayed on for a bit then went out and my tires were low

If you have the original tires....and fill to 39lbs...the light will stay lit...but if you fill to 49lb as indicated on label on door jam, the light should go out. I had the same issue here in Houston....the dealer should have known this.

Give it a whirl and let me know if that solves your problem!

C-ya

• 5 weeks later...

My door jam label says 36 on front and 49 on rear I believe. Every time they have been rotated is has caused this light to come on shortly afterward. (The mechanic said he checked/adjusted them.) The first two times pressure adjustments corrected it but the third time the dealership replaced all four. From now on I will only get my tires rotated where they can reset it to make sure the warning light will stay out. Don't you just love mandatory new technology :banghead: .

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here is the deal. I had an oil change and tires rotated at the Ford dealership and I was getting horrbile gas mileage afterwards. Well come to find out they rotated the tires and didnt fix my tire pressure I was getting 16 mpg with the wrong tire pressure. So transit drivers always check those tires after a rotation. Even though the dealer screwed up and they had it backwards with 49 in the front and 36 in the back it didnt make my low tire light come on. So I fix it myself and set the pressures to the correct 49 in the rear and 36 in the front. When I was done I couldnt make the low tire pressure come off the dash which came on while I was fixing the tire pressures. This is what fixed it. I looked in the manual and their is a procedure to reset your TPMS and once I did that the light went away.

• 2 months later...

The tire pressures all read as they should. There was not any tire pressure problem.

The "wheel" light is still lit. I wonder if there is a 'reset' button somewhere to shut off the light after the condition is corrected.

Same thing with my transit after new wheels. There is a reset procedure, it's tricky, ask tire place for help. I went to discount tire in San Diego...