Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Now that it's COLD weather is anyone else having issues with the windows fogging up. No, I'm not breathing too heavily..... As long as I have the HVAC set to full heat on defrost only it keeps the glasses clear but as soon as I turn it to floor or dash heat the windows fog right back up. I had the dealer check for a clogged HVAC drain tube last time it was serviced. Who knows if they really looked at it though. Is this a common problem or should I just hunt it down myself?

It's not really that cold here in Northern California, but it is raining and sometimes colder. I find that the fixed portion of the door glass starts to fog near the mirror, and once I did have the windshield suddenly fog up on me for no apparent reason. That one was actually alarming, I've never had a (modern) vehicle suddenly fog up on me like that. But typically I can keep the defrost on at a medium heat and fan speed 1 or 2 and maintain clear windows, once the initial fogging is cleared.

I have finally figured out that the fogging windows ARE my fault. No I'm NOT breathing too heavily :hysterical: but I think the fault lies in the HVAC being set to recirculate........duh! I deactivated the recirculate mode and have had no more fogged up windows. :happy feet:

I have finally figured out that the fogging windows ARE my fault. No I'm NOT breathing too heavily :hysterical: but I think the fault lies in the HVAC being set to recirculate........duh! I deactivated the recirculate mode and have had no more fogged up windows. :happy feet:

nice

Thanks for the info. I just purchased one and thought it strange as well.

Recirculate should be unavailable when defroster is on. With defroster off your breath is recirculated and bears more moisture than cold outside air