Ford Transit Connect Forum

Now that it's COLD weather is anyone else having issues with the windows fogging up. No, I'm not breathing too heavily..... As long as I have the HVAC set to full heat on defrost only it keeps the glasses clear but as soon as I turn it to floor or dash heat the windows fog right back up. I had the dealer check for a clogged HVAC drain tube last time it was serviced. Who knows if they really looked at it though. Is this a common problem or should I just hunt it down myself?

It's not really that cold here in Northern California, but it is raining and sometimes colder. I find that the fixed portion of the door glass starts to fog near the mirror, and once I did have the windshield suddenly fog up on me for no apparent reason. That one was actually alarming, I've never had a (modern) vehicle suddenly fog up on me like that. But typically I can keep the defrost on at a medium heat and fan speed 1 or 2 and maintain clear windows, once the initial fogging is cleared.

• 1 month later...

I have finally figured out that the fogging windows ARE my fault. No I'm NOT breathing too heavily :hysterical: but I think the fault lies in the HVAC being set to recirculate........duh! I deactivated the recirculate mode and have had no more fogged up windows. :happy feet:

• 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...