Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
escobar

AC speed control

I have a 2010 transit connect XLT and the AC will only work on speed 4 or full speed. Just wondering what would cause this and if there is a fix? thanks!

Yes, You either have the fan speed control resistor pack failed or the plug melted. When did you last change the pollen filter? A clogged filter overloads the fan.

The Speed resistor is burned out , leaving only high speed, You should be able to get one at a NAPA . Should be on the blower housing near the blower motor

Motor craft Part Number

Part Number: W0133-1810832

Hey how's the Motor running

Did you have to pull it a part again?

Edited by G B L

It was the speed resistor, the plug that goes into it had melted too...I went ahead and replaced both and it works. thanks again. I did not see any pollen filter anywhere though? As far as the engine goes, it was just a valve that wasnt seating I believe. No CEL or anything, just a slight rough idle when cold but once it warms up it purrs haha.

Cool good to here, As Mrtn points out it is under the hood under the cowl Plastic

FYI: there are filters for sale which dimensions vary by almost 10 mm which is A LOT for a thing that's supposed to be snug fit. Not sure if it's because of different mounts on the car or something else. My van has an insert grill on top of the mount and the grill goes IN the mount and needs a smaller filter for that to work. The last filter I bought was an exact fit for the lower mount and there was no place to fit the grille anymore so I left it out.