Ford Transit Connect Forum

Global Windows Open/Close

I have a 2015 Transit connect wagon SWB.

It has the ability to Open or close all the power windows at the same time while pressing the buttons on the key fob.

The Open windows WORKS. The Close all windows does NOT work.

The dealer and FORD insist that the global windows option is not installed in my vehicle. (but the open part works).

No one has any information as to what I would need to install the option. I personally feel that the option is there just not turned on.

I am aware of the programming mode that is available by pressing the service button underneath the dash on the drivers side. I used it to fix the Auto Start that would kill the engine when a door was open, stays running now.

Does anyone know what other settings or options are available in the service mode, and if the windows open/close is one of them?

I have already (several times) set the bounce back.

Bob

After reading post on other FORD forums, it sounds like I need to convince the dealer to turn it on in option # 184 of the BCM programming.

Now to see if I can convince the dealer that the option is there, and to turn it on.

I do not understand why they would only enable part of the option, (my window will globally open). I would rather have the CLOSE option for when I am inside and it starts to rain or something.

GBL,

Either you do not own the same transit I have or do not understand the bounce back feature of the auto windows.

The Global windows open close is a factory installed option available to the 2015 transit connect wagon SWB.

It has 3 options available. Open Only, Close only, or ALL.

Ford is not the best at explaining these programming options to their dealers. It is terrible communication that causes us owners to find out for ourselves how to solve problems and explain to the dealers on how to fix them for us.

I can't wait to show them how to solve the Remote start that shuts off when you open any door. That took all of 1 minute to solve.

Quick up-date,

I have contacted 3 different dealers so far. Asked them how much to just have something in the BCM turned on.

2 Dealers said would be a 2 hour shop charge (for 5 minutes work, I have watch ford program a new BCM in10)

1 dealer just did not even want to touch the issue.

I am still checking around with some of the body shops to see what they do if they have to replace one.

I just tried my recently purchased, used 2015 TC Wagon XLT LWB. It does do global open from the key fob, but not close.

Maybe this was a Hertz specification? Mine was a former Hertz vehicle.

Any means to turn it on that is confirmed?

• 2 weeks later...

Nuke,

I have the same problem.

I have been unable to find a dealer that with program the ability to CLOSE the windows.

Most think I am nuts, but according to what I have read on other FORD forums. The ability is there, it just needs to be turned on.

Will let you know if I find one who can help.

Bob

• 10 months later...

Next time, I will check all the functions before signing on the dotted line.

I have given up on FORD supporting it's customers.  Depending on who you talk to, the feature is there but not turned on, the feature is not installed (BS),

Living just north of Detroit, I feel like driving it down to the main office and telling them to fix/install an advertised option that does not work.  I knew I should have stayed with Chevy.

I just bought a 2016 TC about 8 wks ago and I have the same problem.

My Ford dealer says they promise they'll figure it out for me. (i.e. how to do the global up).

It's important for me since I haul a SAR dog. Having the global up and global is down is very convenient when at training or a search and I take the dog in and out of the car.  Also good for when we make quick stops for gas, coffee etc..  I often want all the windows down a bit when I go in somewhere, and all to go up when I come back out. 

They know I bought the TC for this purpose and that particular feature is very important to me and they are very supportive of our local fire and police so I expect that they'll figure it out soon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• 8 months later...

As n update to the global windows issue.  My dealer FINALLY got the global windows up option to work.  It only took three visits to the dealership along with the dealer submitting two tickets to FORD.  Along the way they claimed a board was issuing an error had to be replaced so they had to order it.  I believe they said it was called the BDU?  That accounted for the third visit.  Once that was installed they had to reprogram all my keys, (which they didn't realize in advance and it required us making a special trip over to take the other spare keys to them while the TC was there).

I love having this feature available now!  It only took a year!!!

Count your blessings . . . . and then count them again

Your Ford dealer is one in a thousand  -  The two dealers nearest me know next to nothing about TC's and after several years now, it appears they intend to keep it that way.  They just don't care, plain and simple

Don

That's sad. I can't say I'm impressed with my dealer at all.  After having a bunch of Toyota's the difference between the Toyota and Ford dealerships is night and day.

I'm glad they finally got it done.  I just don't understand it. I might try another Ford dealership for future service and see if they are any better.