Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014 Headlight Removal Tips Please

I didn't get a chance to go hunting this year, so instead I bagged a pheasant on I-90 yesterday with my LH headlight. The score was about even,- Pheasant 0 Headlight 0. The front glass/plastic is all gone, but no body damage which with it being a big old bird at 80mph is impressive. It looks like the front of the car has to come off to replace the headlight(?) really?, how did Ford make a simple task so complicated. :rant2:

So, looking for information and tips on the simplest way to go about this job. many thanks in advance!

There is a black plastic radiator shield and when that is removed the head light has a couple of screws and a push pin all from the top should be fairly easy.

I checked the headlight bulb replacement before I purchased mine . I have a Malibu that is a 3 hour ordeal to change the bulb. Now one of the first things I do

is check the headlight replacement when looking at a car.

Should be easy Good luck

Was the Pheasant Good?

• 7 months later...
On 1/23/2016 at 5:55 AM, G B L said:

I have a Malibu that is a 3 hour ordeal to change the bulb.

On my friend's mother-in-law's Honda CRV, we had to take off the bumper cover and grill, remove the headlamp mounting screws, and then slide the entire assembly out.  There was just no way for us to get our hands in there to do it from under the hood.  Of course, if we had a small child, or a trained monkey, it would have been a piece of cake.

I was so mad, I made him buy brand new lamps for everything on both driver and passenger sides, since we already had the bumper & grill off, so that we wouldn't have to do it again if another light failed.  He didn't get away with simply beer to drink while we worked on the car.  He had to buy lunch too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

OK, i'm back. I have been driving the car with the light taped up, yeah, lazy. Well, I just purchased a replacement light for my van so should have some info on changing it in a few weeks.

* The pheasant wasn't in any condition to eat, but it would have been very tender!

• 4 months later...