Ford Transit Connect Forum

Super clogged filter under my driver seat

Osco

OK when I searched cabin air filter I got,

"Passenger side cowling,,6 screws, etc"...

So what Is the 6" round filter on my floor board under the driver seat ?

It's clogged up like a neglected dryer vent...

After removing the locking screw with a star drive head visible from the second row seating, twist the filter housing counter clockwise to unlock. On my certified preowned (was used by Hertz) the filter looked like grey felt because it was clogged so badly. I unsnapped the two piece cage, vacuumed the filter element, washed and rinsed it with dish soap and put it back. To see it you have to move the drivers seat to the extreme forward position.

I found the filter on my recently aquired TC Connect Wagon, also a used 2015 Hertz. That filter is pretty dirty. I checked Ford Parts and they say it is "not serviced" and have no price for it. Presumably, that means it is a clean-it-yourself, or they never expect it to go bad.

No where in the parts diagram can I find a cabin air filter for the 2015 XLT LWB Wagon with 2.5L. I think they just dropped it, or it is possibly hidden away somewhere as an option.

• 6 months later...

I would like to replace the filter under the front seat.  I bought my TC used and the existing filter is damaged.  According to the diagram posted by GBL, the part number is 16N619 but when I search for this all I find are traditional square air filters.  Does anyone know where I can find this part?