Ford Transit Connect Forum

Any tips to remove dash and A pillar trim?

Here's the thread I made documenting how I ran power to add USB ports in the overhead shelf.

http://fordtransitconnectforum.com/topic/3936-added-usb-power-to-overhead-shelf/#entry11306

In the closeup photo at the base of the trim you can see the blue anchor pin and the black slot that it goes into which is how the trim is held in place. The trim piece will just pull off with gentle pulling. To get down into the dash I just pried the existing gap open slightly to feed the wires through.

Edited by DonShockley

It's just another clip, like the blue ones, but has an extra tether. I think it's purpose is to keep the trim from flying too far if the air bag deploys. There's a little T-slot in the trim it slips into. I think it was just chance which section happened to come loose first, the clip/frame connection or the clip/trim connection. I didn't worry too much about air bag deployment since it appeared the electrical connections were further up and to the rear in the headliner from where I was working. That connection at the bottom is just a strap to anchor the bottom.