Ford Transit Connect Forum

Shaking

rbrown86

Well... my 2014 tc is back in the shop. I have had a slight shake/vibration on cold mornings under load. It really wasn't that big of a deal, so I let it go chalking it up to a cold trans. Today I had to "get on it" (medium throttle) to get out in traffic and in the 4k to 5k rpm range in second gear, it shook so violently my GPS almost fell of the dash. I'm thinking it is something in the transmission. It doesn't really feel like an engine misfire, but I suppose anything is possible. And of course, no engine lights or whatnot. The guys at the shop seemed stumped when I was describing this to them. So the dealership stuck me in a fusion that I really kind of like, except for the lack of space problem. Anyone have a similar issue? Are there any tech pubs on this yet with the transit or escape, since they share power plants?

Not really cold cold . Around 34 or so. Not a real long warm up. Maybe a minute or two. Then I drive conservatively until the gauge is in the normal range. Even when it's warm I usually drive for the best fuel economy because of the nature of my job... Lots of driving... The high rpm shake happened after driving it an hour so for sure everything was at temp.

Haven't heard from the dealership today... I figured that a miss would at least flash the check engine light even if it didn't store the code (had this happen with my old car), but nothing was showing on the dash.

Got the car back today and it shifts better than it ever has. They said one of the cv axles was binding, so it was replaced.The guy I asked wasn't sure which side it was, but said he thought it was the driver's. Hopefully this will be the last issue I have with this transmission for a while.

Great news,

The drivers side half shaft is very short. Any binding of that side coupled

with a high torque load could move the engine enough to cause a shake. An added bonus

is you got a fluid change when they pulled the shaft for replacement . They might have

reset the transmission shift program also.