Ford Transit Connect Forum

HID lights and LED's

Ebay has ooooodles of HID kits and LED lights. Just make sure you check feedback as not all HID kits are created equally.

There was another member here who had replaced all interior lights with LEDs already--looked sharp.

Let us know which ones you decide on. You should also post up install sequence pix for others.

• 2 years later...

Just installed a HID kit. Haven"t driven with them yet, but while I was installing I had one on the drivers side and the stock one on the passenger side and the difference was huge.The kit was easy to install. Even with the sometimes odd translations in the manual.

Heres one. Please fix the stabitity instrument tightly with double-sided tape and make sure both ends are firm.

The only mod is to the round cover on the back of the headlight casing. You have to drill a 1+1/8 hole in them to feed the connectors through. I used silicone to glue a piece of bicycle tube over the hole when I was done. Probably wasn't necessary. The cover wasnt weather tight to begin with.

When I get a chance I'll let you know what they are like on the road or if I have any problems.

I took a short video on the way to work last week so I could compare the lights, but It will be a couple of weeks before I'm back on dayshift.When I get the second video I will attempt to post them.

The kit is - HID Xenon Headlight "Slim" Conversion Kit by SDX, H13 Dual-Beam Bi-Xenon, 5000K

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...