Ford Transit Connect Forum

Interior rear view mirror vision

ncranchero

Man, is it just me or are you folks having trouble seeing the vehicles directly behind you in your lane. I guess being the back doors are closer to the drivers seat in the TC than in my E250 it makes the division bars in the rear doors seem larger. Vehicles behind me completely disappear!!!!!!!!!!

• 9 months later...

Long ages ago some vans were equipped with a fresnel lens which attaches to the rear window. It's like a 12 inch wide window that gives you a wide view of everything behind you. I bought a couple I found online from like the Philippines or Taiwan about 6 months ago. They were around $14 each. I originally installed one on each window. Since then I took one down. To install you just take it out of the envelope and place in on the glass. It just clings there. I love it. Helps visibility much! Wish I could help more with specifics but if you Google fresnel lens van, you should find plenty of help.

Man, is it just me or are you folks having trouble seeing the vehicles directly behind you in your lane. I guess being the back doors are closer to the drivers seat in the TC than in my E250 it makes the division bars in the rear doors seem larger. Vehicles behind me completely disappear!!!!!!!!!!

True, the rear vision is not great. It is a lot better with one of the the headrests removed from the back seat. I drove mine that way for awhile, but once I got used to it I actually preferred to have the reduced rear view because following cars headlights are far less annoying. (Many people around my home seem to drive with high beams at all times, plus auxiliary driving lights, and follow so closely that even the dim switch on the mirror is inadequate.)

I actually like the blind spot caused by the middle of the doors -

being higher up than a passenger car - no more light glare - and with the

privacy glass tint - no need for flicking the mirror to 'night' - following lights

arn't an issue. I just keep scaning both outside mirrors - which you should do

anyway as a good driver knowing what's around you at all times.

The PDC (rear parking sensors) do a great job for backing.

I'm sure if all of you think your headlight and fog lights aren't very good,

go by your Owner's handbook - headlight alignment against

a wall on level ground. Mine were way too low, and my fogs

also way too low. You can reach up behind the lower chin

lip to hand turn the plastic gear adjuster on the left side of the fog

light housings (laying on yer back of course)

enjoy your TC

yes - i replaced my white fog bulbs with yellow bulbs (i think i'm in france)

TRANSITME1.jpg

Edited by cdiesel