Ford Transit Connect Forum

Performance mods.

I love this van. It handles good and is fun to drive. I want to improve the suspension and do minor mods to the motor. It is impossable to find performance parts. I can't be the only one who wants to make this van more playful. I am looking at Fusion and focus performance stuff seeing if some of them may fit. Fusions K&N cold air intake may work. Exhaust will have to be custom. There are no suspension goodies available yet. I just want a little more from her. I have a 2014 transit connect cargo.

• 2 weeks later...

HeyZeus,

There is a plastic boot on the intake in front of the radiator. It's shaped like a long cone with holes in it. It restricts airflow and makes it quiet. I loosened the front clip by removing snaps until I could reach down and pull it off. Now I have a factory CAI. I thought about cutting a hole inside the upper grill to add more airflow but I don't want to inhale water when it's raining. It sounds good and probably is faster but I can't tell. It has at least 1/3 larger opening than stock. Combine that with exhaust mods and you'll know the difference.

Really the only other mods you can do are to the computer...

• 4 weeks later...