Ford Transit Connect Forum

BedRug Flooring Options

• 1 month later...

At this time they are only making the VanRug and VanMat for the cargo van version of the TC. I have a wagon and e-mailed them asking when they might be coming out with a wagon version. Their reply was that they did not at this time plan to do a wagon version but that several people had modified a van version to fit.

I really like their products having used them in several pickup trucks. So I went ahead and ordered a VanRug to see put in my TC. Since the company does not sell direct I had to find a local dealer. (the same place where I got the ones for my pickups). Cost was ~$200. It is now laying on my basement floor to flatten out (came all rolled up). Some time in the next week or so I will be installing it and will make a "how-to" thread when I do.

Edited by Hal

• 2 weeks later...

I just called BedRug and was informed that the current Van model has been retro fitted with scribe lines on the bottom of the part to be able to fit the Wagon model as well now. She mentioned that it could be installed without removing the rear seat (which is a huge plus in my mind) and will fit over the top of the black plastic piece on the Wagon as well. Sounds like a simple install - I'll send pics once its installed!

• 11 months later...

I bought a 2010 version (model# VRTC10) for a 2011 by mistake. Turns out there is a slight difference in the cargo floor between models and I'll need to send it back and get the right model (VRTC11). There is no trim around the mat behind the seats like it shows in this 2010 brochure. Other than that it looked very nice and comfortable when I had it all laid out inside and I can't wait to get the right version. Just wanted to share this info in case others are considering this product, make sure you get the right model even if a website tells you it's fit.

• 8 months later...

I've had mine for about 4 months and most weekends am sliding equipment cases across it. So far no signs of wear. Today I saw on the back lip some slight shedding from it, but very little. I did help to also quiet the ride down.

I've had the rug for a while now and I don't see any signs of wear. I don't do a lot that would wear it out though. My dog has his crate back there and gets in and out almost daily and it's been holding up great. So far I don't have a single complaint about it.

Edit: typo correction

Edited by dedfish

I've had my rug in for a year and a half now and it looks as good as new. I haven't had a lot of stuff in it to wear the rug much. But I have had BedRugs in several pickup trucks that got all kinds of abuse including loads of loose mulch and they held up very well.