Ford Transit Connect Forum

Nokia E series phone with TC

PetrosA

This is a long shot, but I figured it's worth a try ;) I have a new phone - Nokia E75 that I paired with my bluetooth system. Phone works fine, but every time I get in the vehicle, the music player starts playing (although no music comes over the system) and I have to click through a few screens to shut it down before I can use the phone. I can't find any way to disable this or to get the music to play though the vehicle's system. Nokia support basically told me that there's no way to disable the music player from starting and that it must be something in the Ford that's causing it to start (the support person was exceptionally incompetent). So, question is, does anyone here know how to either enable the music to come through the system or to disable the music library from opening each time I get in the truck? Any ideas are welcome!

• 1 year later...

I don't know how to disable the auto play, sorry. Nokia menu system is huge and I bet there's a switch somewhere to turn this feature off.

But to have the phone stream music over BT your handsfree unit has to support A2DP protocol, which is for audio streaming. HF protocol won't work since it's for phone calls only and it'll be mono and heavily cut low / hi frequencies.