Ford Transit Connect Forum

4522 POLY LINER PACKAGE

Regor

Does anyone know what the price of the Adrian 4233 Poly liner package costs. i would like to put these in my wagon just to give it a finished look in the cargo area. I really don't need the e track and the straps.

I just installed mine today. Will try to get a how-to with pictures up tomorrow. Price was $700 but since it was the wifes suggestion I got it anyhow. I did not install the e-track since like Regor mine is a wagon and I wanted the panels to give the back a more finished look.

The panels were designed for cargo vans so you have to make some modifications to put them in a wagon. I will give the details when I post the how-to.

I just installed mine today. Will try to get a how-to with pictures up tomorrow. Price was $700 but since it was the wifes suggestion I got it anyhow. I did not install the e-track since like Regor mine is a wagon and I wanted the panels to give the back a more finished look.

The panels were designed for cargo vans so you have to make some modifications to put them in a wagon. I will give the details when I post the how-to.

That would be great ,if you would post some details .Ive been looking at these ,and also have the wagon . Adrian steel has a new partition for the wagon as well it is the P22PTC just search it @ www.adriansteel.com

OK, Here goes my how-to:

The Poly Liner package was designed for a cargo van. If you are going to put it in a wagon you will have to do some cutting and fitting to work around the seat belts for the rear seats. Other than that the directions are good with pictures to help you out.

First, remove the jack, covers over the door mechanisims, and the seat belts. Very important!! Pull the seat belt out of the reel about 3 feet and then tape in place so it can't retract before unbolting it. i did not do this and then had problems getting the belt to pull out. And in the process of trying to fix that let the recoil spring get loose!! Looks Like I will need to get a new seat belt.

TCpanel01.jpg

Second, Test fit the panel so you can see where you will need to modify it for the seat belt or other items.

TCpanel02.jpg

This picture shows the modifications made for the seat belts. At first I thought I could just put in holes for the bolts. But the seatbelt reel has some prongs on the back of it that fit in the t-slot and vertical slots beside it. The prongs on the seatbelt reel are not long enough to go thru the poly liner and into their slots so the poly liner must be cut away to clear the seatbelt reel.

I made a pattern and traced it on the polyliner. A better method would be to drill a hole for the seatbelt reel bolt and bolt the reel in place. Then you could trace around the reel and get a better fit than I did.

You will have to make a spacer to set the upper seat belt bolt out the thicknesss Of the liner (I used two washers).

You will have to drill two holes for the screws that hold on one of the covers. Not sure why this is since the cargo vans also have those covers.

TCpanel03.jpg

A couple pictures to show the finished product. The panels are made to fit over a heavy duty mat or plywood floor so they don't quite make it tight down against the OEM floor mat. I think the bottom flange on them could be trimmed and then the liner could be stuck behind the OEM mat . I just left them be since I am thinking about puting in a wood floor.

TCpanel04.jpg

TCpanel05.jpg

So far I am very pleased with the polyliner package. I took it for a ride last night and they seem to dampen road noise a bit even without any insulation behind them. I could have done a little better job trimming for the seat belt reels but it doesn't look too bad.

Edited by Hal

:) Thanks Hal for the prompt heads up on the Side Panel fitting how to .Could not wish for a better heads up than what you put out . I will in fact be ordering mine Tomorrow ,Along with the Partition and roof rack.

Then got to save for more goodies :doh: . Nice of you to take the time to share ,Thanks again mate.

Additional thoughts about the polyliner package:

Defintely drill the hole for the seatbelt reel bolt (I used a 3/4" hole saw) , temporarily bolt up the reel and trace around it. This will give you a much bettter fitting for the reel.

The polyliner definitely acts as a sound deadner. A little insulation of some type (Dynamat) would make it even better.

If you intend on installing the E-Track cargo rails, read both sets of instructions before starting. Their directions have you installing the polyliner, driling pilot holes for the E-Track bolts, removing the polyliner, enlarging the holes and installing the riv-nuts for the E-track bolts and then reinstalling the polyliners.

I think all the remove and reinstall could be avoided by using the proper size hole saw. But I would need to do some measuing to be certain. At this point I dont intend to install the E-track in my TC. In fact it is for sale if someone is interested.

Additional thoughts about the polyliner package:

Defintely drill the hole for the seatbelt reel bolt (I used a 3/4" hole saw) , temporarily bolt up the reel and trace around it. This will give you a much bettter fitting for the reel.

The polyliner definitely acts as a sound deadner. A little insulation of some type (Dynamat) would make it even better.

If you intend on installing the E-Track cargo rails, read both sets of instructions before starting. Their directions have you installing the polyliner, driling pilot holes for the E-Track bolts, removing the polyliner, enlarging the holes and installing the riv-nuts for the E-track bolts and then reinstalling the polyliners.

I think all the remove and reinstall could be avoided by using the proper size hole saw. But I would need to do some measuing to be certain. At this point I dont intend to install the E-track in my TC. In fact it is for sale if someone is interested.

Nope. These are made for cargo vans where you store the jack under the floor extension.

Mine is a cargo van and the jack is stored in the left side panel, not under the floor extension. I'm looking at these panels and still trying to figure out if I'd rather do something on my own. I can screw up a lot of stuff for the price indicated!!

This couldn't be any harder than doing an older full size van - and as mine is a cargo version, I have no rear seats or belts to worry about. I DO like the way they look though....... Wondering if I can duplicate that to any degree of success.

Roland C.

Happily Transiting :shift:

Edited by REC

• 1 month later...

Hey Hal, I'm needing some e-tracks to go in mine. Do you have a photo of them? Are they standard size E-track?

Oh how I wanted a red TC. Yours is a beauty ......... well, as TC's go!

As far as I know they are standard E-tracks.

etrack01.jpg

Here is a link to the Adrian Steel page with them on. 4522 package page

The box contains 2 E-Tracks, 2 straps, and all the mounting hardware needed. I am looking to get $100 plus shipping (box is heavy) for the whole package.

• 3 years later...

Hello Hal. After 4 years, i finally got the 4522 poly liner in my budget! I posted a few pictures in my Gallery. The only changes I made to my install from yours are, I did not cut out around the seat belt retractor, and I did cut out an opening for the jack. I think it looks good, and matches the interior color very well. Only yourself and 2013TransitConnect, besides myself, have added the interior liner. Anyone else out there that has??

Hello 2013TransitConnect. It was not hard, The problem is not to cut too much. It just needs the proper planning and tools. I used a Dremel tool with the bit that is used for cutting out wallboard around outlet and switch boxes. After installing the liner, I started from the middle of the jack opening (of course, measuring twice) and cut out small sections at a time untill I got close (about a half inch) to the metal edge of the opening. I then finished it off by running the bit along the metal edge. Be carefull and good luck!

Edited by 103west43rd