Ford Transit Connect Forum

Sliding Door Lock Actuator, Driver Side, 2010 TC with Power Locks

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the sliding door lock actuator for my driver's side sliding door on my 2010 Transit Connect with Power Locks. When you stop and open one of the front doors or click the keyless lock fob, the power lock mechanism (plunger?) in the sliding door ratchets back and forth 5 or 10 times before unlocking the door. It has gotten worse and I cut off electricity to the lock as a short term solution.

I opened up the door and looked at the mechanism and it doesn't look like it is meant to be repaired? I can buy a new mechanism on E-bay for about $230-250, but I am hoping for an amazing do-it-yourself or didn't-you- know? If I have to buy a replacement, any suggestions or warnings?

Thanks,

David Reddy

• 1 year later...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I also have this problem and have found a fix.  The same thing happened to my front door and was able to fix the same way.  The problem is the plastic gears in the lock actuator has one or more broken teeth.  Any repair place will tell you to buy a whole new latch assembly which has the lock actuator inside of it (3-400 dollars).  If you are mechanical, you may buy the gear itself for around 15 dollars from ebay.  You will have to carefully take off the latch assembly, open it up by prying back the metal tabs, this will separate the outer casing of it.  Then take the screws out of the black part that the wires go into and carefully pry off the top.  You will then have access to the gear to change.  I took mine apart first to make sure I was buying the right gear from ebay.  Good Luck. 

-19AokgE4DuyAasG_0TtA6DUQ_gjpfKv0QIl7LIZopCz25eqgWYsGMVN9EVJqS2k0f5ZNukZoKH2gXTDENwqVswNNSXz2iyG6AUc_D4Lqv2y_g5Cp74zW5mUJ0t7qr1oeIzEtqUfgucb8UHKc5VS5AH_6uiALU3Y2z9Yqw52BQgM5STOkIs-4thIYTw50YFGkKzhsPQvh3mbd2kz-UYpBdbavGHGnV6mFi-k48hcHURo_8hb4jOUYZK4vYfhmroHdMNJe1sOWrYYNMlDx_ksapSZRSBJ2H5G-C4r5B7F2XRQnwSR0PRHvOE1tKBcZB0lxsnia_IdVnBFDVva5yu_te94NF1QM5POPRK-30u7otj8TuFTLTjJYofnB3RvI7pQwX3xxI-_sjOV2o2slS0az9EOIu0-uqcXSVDchfmpmlD8lnxqOPogKwd4nVyh7agb8-J3MaT7dv7HpINZ1aUi9bwmiJyAg739WkAIUUF9nJmlPzXbYAudPvpobfthhDjdU3IccIKFap6QE9NH7mcHu1ZAexF1CE3d_jtJWnHr-vewqOGat8ImYsGMkQAttQfaRyjnqNw35z0Y7NPGZmp8ePp51aCx98KBhBJy-2rJdkUXdsie4CXswnhKQ0TQVbEBFFNKEGtBvi_-rzGLwaJC7xUo8A=w469-h625-no