Ford Transit Connect Forum

Thinking of leasing a 2014 Transit Connect Titanium with Panoramic roof

I would appreciate opinions of anyone who owns one. I have two young kids (one booster seat the other a full child seat) and like the idea of more space. I suspect the third row seats will be folded flat 95% of the time. Would be moving from a Fusion.

Some of my questions - Good for family trips on the highway? Wind noise? I am used to the Sony multi-speaker system in the Fusion - is the TC radio any good? Any thing else I should know?

Thanks in advance!

@Ford TC - welcome to the forum.

Since you're in Colorado, the issues about the rear heater being deficient, as noted in this forum, should be a concern.

Check out the threads talking about that or better yet if you're looking at a 2014 van on a dealer lot, test out the heater yourself to see how well it works.

good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2014 Titanium with the Panoramic Roof. I live in Florida so the heater not so much of an issue where I am. I have the LWB and I have 7 people in it almost all of the time. We have 2 car seats. I have one in the second row and one in the third row. No LATCH for the third row but I used the Top LATCH cable and have it connected to the Seatbelt Anchor which works fine. Other than that we love it, for the most part quiet the engine is a little noisy when you stomp the gas, but I like the way it handles and we are comfortable in it. No one complains about the seats and we have taken a few short hour or so trips in it. I have the base stereo with SYNC and no Satellite Radio, if I did it again, I would have gotten the more expensive radio. This one has no bass response, but with all the kids half the time you cant hear the music anyway,lol.

• 1 month later...

Wanted to update that I ended up leasing a 2014 Titanium with Panoramic roof. Some thoughts after a little less than 1000 miles:

* Rear heater, while agree is essentially useless, has so far proved to be not much of an issue. Driven in single degree temps and my two boys never said it was too cold when asked.

* Lots of room. Boys say it is the best vehicle we have had. They call it a bus.

* Seat does not provide enough thigh support in my opinion. We will be taking a 1000 mile trip later this summer - will see how it does on the long trip

* Sync works as it should. Stereo is acceptable but not quite as good as my other vehicles. Navigation works as it should.

* Sunglass holder feels very cheap and seems prone to breaking easily (although no issues thus far).

* I had no problem with moving the rear seats around although they are not the simplest to do.

* Someone else complained about no interior light option from the driver's seat. At least with the titanium with roof, there is a switch.

* I like the quirky look and there are very few around.

I'll report some more later after living with it awhile longer.

• 1 month later...

The rubber part of the sunglass holder is weird. It looks like there is a little raised area for you to put the bridge of your glasses in, but in that position mine barely closes with a pair of generic Ray Ban Wayfarers.

Congrats on your TC.