Ford Transit Connect Forum

LED turn signal hyperflash

Hey everyone,

I just bought some led turn signal bulbs and facing the hyperflash issue with them due to the small loaf of the bulb. I understand that mostly you can get a new relay that's meant to fix the flashing or a led load resistor. I'm not sure if my 2013 TC has a flasher relay somewhere or is it done from the GEM?

What are my options to correct the hyperflashing? I would appreciate if someone can recommend the proper part to be used whether it is a relay or a resistor.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

WHat about on the new 2016 transit connect XLT wagon I just bought? Does it have a flasher module? If so, WHERE IS IT LOCATED? If it doesn't have a flasher module, I guess I'll have to add some 10 ohm 25 watt resistors across the bulb socket wires...

• 1 month later...

Load resistors will work.  But when using them, remember that they do get hot, and that you should install them in a well ventilated area.  

On my F-150, all sorts of crazy things happened.  I solved that problem with replacing the OEM flasher relay with a LED relay.  However, if this vehicle does not have a flasher relay, then that will not be the solution.  

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2015 at 10:11 AM, Willie said:

A resistor in series will do it, but wouldn't it be easier to get the proper bulb?

You would need a resistor in parallel  -  In series, the LED's would draw even less current than they do without the resistor, and the current is already too low and that's why they're flashing too quickly

Don

Do an eBay search for '7440 LED' and you'll find tons of 'plug and play' LED lamps for both the 7440 and the 7443 and you can get them in red, amber or white

Don

Edit:  -  My bad!  It appears no matter which LED you buy, at least for the turn signals you'll have to install a separate resistor to cure the hyper flash problem.  The LED's and the resistors are both inexpensive on eBay and you only need the resistors on the turn signal LED's  -  The back-up lights, tail and brake lights will work fine without them

Edited by Beta Don

• 2 months later...

I love my hyper flash. I embrace the hyper flash.  Just draws more attention to the fact that you should consider moving out of the way or get hit.  Looking into getting brake light flashers installed on mine as well. 

I have some coming in. They shipped yesterday, cant wait till they get here. Got this idea the other night while following an Ambulance down interstate 40 here in NC. The brake lights would strobe then go steady on. There was no guessing what his intentions were when they came on, it was plain and clear he was slowing down. Also got to speak to one of the EMS crews from that county that added that all of their Ambulances have those LED strobe brake lights, and if they are stopped long enough in traffic, the lights will repeat the strobe to stead on pattern every few minutes as a attention getter to let people know they are stopped. 

Pretty sure that mine will not have that feature, but then again I have yet to look into the professional emergency lighting world yet for answers. Will research it later on with my emergency equipment supplier and see what I can put together. 

• 10 months later...