Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

transit connect guest message logo.png

•  
    Custom Search

Johnyguy

oil change on the 2014 TC

i cant find the tread for this how much oil the 2014 tc takes for an oil change with the filterr if someone could guid me to the rigth place

thanks!

i have find my answer sorry about the post moderator please delete it .thanks

Edited by Johnyguy

i cant find the tread for this how much oil the 2014 tc takes for an oil change with the filterr if someone could guid me to the rigth place

thanks!

I can't find the thread either but between the dealer and a call to Ford (Since its not in the owners manual) the correct amount for the 2.5 liter engine is 5.7 quarts with filter. (Assuming you have the 2.5)

and to further confuse the issue .............

from the manual

4.3 qts with filter

4 qts without changing filter

page 196 of owners manual

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2014-transitconnect-owner-manual-version-1_EN-US_11_2013.pdf

that was from printing #1 of the manual

printing #2 has it listed as omni phil says 5.7 qts. for the 2.5 liter on page 197

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2014-Transit-Connect-Owners-Manual-version-2_om_EN-US_03_2014.pdf

Edited by mustang

and to further confuse the issue .............

from the manual

4.3 qts with filter

4 qts without changing filter

page 196 of owners manual

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2014-transitconnect-owner-manual-version-1_EN-US_11_2013.pdf

Yeah, I went down this road. The dealer told me 5 quarts, Ford told me 6. I finally found the right guy of at Ford customer service. 5.7 quarts. And that amount brought me pretty close to the full mark on the dipstick after it was changed. I checked a bunch of times because I didn't believe anyone, lol

Yeah, I went down this road. The dealer told me 5 quarts, Ford told me 6. I finally found the right guy of at Ford customer service. 5.7 quarts. And that amount brought me pretty close to the full mark on the dipstick after it was changed. I checked a bunch of times because I didn't believe anyone, lol

thats rigth thanks

My manual does not seem all that confusing.  At least I wasn't confused.

spec.jpg

Okay, so based on what I see, the oil filter holds 0.3 qt.  32 ounces to a quart.  Somehow, 9.6 ounces will fit into the filter.  And for whatever reason, you want to top off the engine oil to the top of the mark on the dipstick, it takes 0.8 qt.  That is about 25.6 ounces.  But the real numbers to pay attention to is the 5.7 qts capacity with filter + the 0.8 qt top-up.  

Now what do you do with the extra 0.3 qt left over at every oil change?