Ford Transit Connect Forum

Got a flat tire but there is more to it.

Johnyguy

So the other day I making a turn than accelarating and hear a big clinking noise from the right rear so I pulled over to see what's up well I picked up something with the tire and that thing was spined around the wheel housing and ripped of the liner that cheep crap ford puts in the back , of course I got a flat tire as well.

When I got the van I wrote my first impression and I was disappointed to see that cheep wheel liner made of some kind of fabric treated with something to keep its shape an the front has the plastic one I guess it is fords way to save money arrrgggg.

So that metal thing I picked up was dangling with the tire and left a small dent on that air went pipe going to the gas tank and left some mark in the fender nothing too serious, but this shows that if it would be some plastic it would have survived this incident.

I called ford to see how much that liner is and it is $98.

It is a ridiculous price for that but I have no other choice I need to have it there to protect the body from dirt and water etc..

Well I got the tire fixed with a plug and a patch from inside of course and it is OK now, I had a chance to see the tire pressure sensor and yes it has a small battery.

The spare tire don't have a sensor I believe because I had the low tire pressure warning on even my spare tire had 46psi but as soon as I picked up the fixed tire and put it in the back to take it home so I can swap it my self, and soon as I placed it in the back of the van the warning went off I guess the sensor sent a signal pressure is OK even tire was not installed.

Flat tire happens it is just unfortunate that it did this much damage but no one got hurt.

Edited by Johnyguy

I think you are correct about the pressure sensor.

I'd be darned if I'd give $100 for that curtain thing. Seems like you ought to be able to fabricate a replacement out of some kind of tough cloth. One of the forum member is sure to have an idea along that line that would cost way less than a C note.

Edited by Willie