Ford Transit Connect Forum

Disable Perimeter Lights

I have a 2014 Van that I will use for camping at Astronomical dark sites. Absolutely no lights allowed after dark. My van's perimeter lights will illuminate when any door opens and will remain lit until all doors are closed. I would like to disable that feature. Does anyone know how that can be done?

I can't believe that the perimeter lighting cannot be programmed out. Perhaps someone knows the procedure for my dealer to follow. Pulling fuses can be a viable workaround, but the owner's manual is not very forthcoming in describing which fuses to pull.

• 7 months later...

I have been trying to find a workaround for this. I haven't found the right fuse, but what I decided to do was latch the door latch. In my case the rear hatch is the problem. I want to camp with the hatch open most of the time. So the answer is take a screwdriver and close the latch with the door open. The lights go out and stay out until you open another door. But then it goes back out when you close it. Problem is you have to remember to unlatch before you close the hatch. All you have to do is hit the button on the hatch, but the doors have to be unlatched with the screwdriver. Careful not to slam the door on a closed latch, it might bend it.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...