Welcome to the Ford Transit Forum

Welcome to the Ford Transit Connect Forum - the largest Ford Transit forum discussion board.  Like most online communities, you must register to post and take advantage of other features that this community has to offer, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Connect Forum by signing in or creating an account.
• Receive special product discounts
• Invitations to events
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Create an album and post photos. . .More!

Click here to create an account now.

•  
    Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daedalus1

Disable Perimeter Lights

4 posts in this topic

I have a 2014 Van that I will use for camping at Astronomical dark sites. Absolutely no lights allowed after dark. My van's perimeter lights will illuminate when any door opens and will remain lit until all doors are closed. I would like to disable that feature. Does anyone know how that can be done?

I can't believe that the perimeter lighting cannot be programmed out. Perhaps someone knows the procedure for my dealer to follow. Pulling fuses can be a viable workaround, but the owner's manual is not very forthcoming in describing which fuses to pull.

I have been trying to find a workaround for this. I haven't found the right fuse, but what I decided to do was latch the door latch. In my case the rear hatch is the problem. I want to camp with the hatch open most of the time. So the answer is take a screwdriver and close the latch with the door open. The lights go out and stay out until you open another door. But then it goes back out when you close it. Problem is you have to remember to unlatch before you close the hatch. All you have to do is hit the button on the hatch, but the doors have to be unlatched with the screwdriver. Careful not to slam the door on a closed latch, it might bend it.

After opening some doors push the turn signal switch forward and back. Hear a chirp. Lights off!  I hate this so I keep coming back here looking for a better solution.

A sandwich of blue tape, aluminum tape, and blue tape?

Wouldn't mark up the paint, but it would be light tight.