Ford Transit Connect Forum

Front Bumper Fog lites?

Just wondering if anyone has gone about installing some type of fog lite in the recessed holes in the front bumper. It doesn't look like the black plastic piece comes out easily and i would like to install some type of lite in that space. I have a Blue XLT and was thinking of a blue fog lamp.

Any help would be great...

Just wondering if anyone has gone about installing some type of fog lite in the recessed holes in the front bumper. It doesn't look like the black plastic piece comes out easily and i would like to install some type of lite in that space. I have a Blue XLT and was thinking of a blue fog lamp.

Any help would be great...

I WAS ABLE TO INSTALL A SET OF VERY INEXPENSIVE PILOT BRAND (NOT HONDA PILOT) PLASTIC CASED FOG LIGHTS INTO THE OPENING. I DRILLED THE "JUICER" OUT WITH A 2 1/2" HOLE SAW. TOOK THE LIGHTS, GROUND OFF THE MOUNTING, AND DRILLED A 1/4" HOLE IN THE REAR OF THE DOMED CASE AND INSTALLED A 2" BY 1/4-20 BOLT AND NUT USING GASKET MATERIAL TO MAKE A SEAL. A BRACKET WAS FABRICATED OUT OF 1/8" BY 1 1/2" ALUMINUM FLAT STOCK 6 1/2" LONG. TWO BENDS WERE MADE 1 1/2" IN FROM EACH END TO MAKE A "U" BRACKET. A 1/4" HOLE DRILLED IN THE CENTER OF THE 3 1/2" FLAT SECTION ALLOWING THE 1/4-20 BOLT TO BE ATTACHED WITH THE TWO BENDS RESTING ON THE SHOULDER OF THE BACK OF THE "JUICER" CONE. THEY WILL SELF CENTER BECAUSE OF THE DOMED BACK, ALTHOUGH THERE IS NO ADJUSTMENT THEY SHNE ON THE ROAD WITH OUT BLINDING ON COMIING TRAFFIC. AT THE LIGHT SWITCH I CUT THE WIRE TO THE REAR FOG LIGHTS AND CONNECTED THE FRONT FOG LIGHTS TO THAT WIRE. THE REAR FOG LIGHTS DID NOT MAKE ANY SENSE TO ME ANY WAY. I PURCHASED THE PILOT LIGHTS FOR ABOUT $20.00 AT A LOCAL AUTO PARTS STORE. I WILL TRY AND SEND YOU A PICTURE, BUT I AM HAVING DIFFICULTY DOWNLOADING PICTURES TO THE GALLERY. YOU CAN ALSO SEND ME AN EMAIL AND I WILL REPLY WITH A PICTURE.

WOODY

Edited by JWWOODY

• 3 months later...

I WAS ABLE TO INSTALL A SET OF VERY INEXPENSIVE PILOT BRAND (NOT HONDA PILOT) PLASTIC CASED FOG LIGHTS INTO THE OPENING. I DRILLED THE "JUICER" OUT WITH A 2 1/2" HOLE SAW. TOOK THE LIGHTS, GROUND OFF THE MOUNTING, AND DRILLED A 1/4" HOLE IN THE REAR OF THE DOMED CASE AND INSTALLED A 2" BY 1/4-20 BOLT AND NUT USING GASKET MATERIAL TO MAKE A SEAL. A BRACKET WAS FABRICATED OUT OF 1/8" BY 1 1/2" ALUMINUM FLAT STOCK 6 1/2" LONG. TWO BENDS WERE MADE 1 1/2" IN FROM EACH END TO MAKE A "U" BRACKET. A 1/4" HOLE DRILLED IN THE CENTER OF THE 3 1/2" FLAT SECTION ALLOWING THE 1/4-20 BOLT TO BE ATTACHED WITH THE TWO BENDS RESTING ON THE SHOULDER OF THE BACK OF THE "JUICER" CONE. THEY WILL SELF CENTER BECAUSE OF THE DOMED BACK, ALTHOUGH THERE IS NO ADJUSTMENT THEY SHNE ON THE ROAD WITH OUT BLINDING ON COMIING TRAFFIC. AT THE LIGHT SWITCH I CUT THE WIRE TO THE REAR FOG LIGHTS AND CONNECTED THE FRONT FOG LIGHTS TO THAT WIRE. THE REAR FOG LIGHTS DID NOT MAKE ANY SENSE TO ME ANY WAY. I PURCHASED THE PILOT LIGHTS FOR ABOUT $20.00 AT A LOCAL AUTO PARTS STORE. I WILL TRY AND SEND YOU A PICTURE, BUT I AM HAVING DIFFICULTY DOWNLOADING PICTURES TO THE GALLERY. YOU CAN ALSO SEND ME AN EMAIL AND I WILL REPLY WITH A PICTURE.

WOODY

THE LIGHTS THAT I USED ARE FROM PILOT AUTOMOTIVE COMPANY (NOT HONDA PILOT), MODEL 2088B 3”. I PURCHASED THEM AT AUTO ZONE FOR ABOUT $20.00 THEY ARE BLACK PLASTIC WITH A PLASTIC MOUNTING MOULDED ON THE SIDE. I CUT OFF THE MOUNTINGS SO THERE WAS JUST A DOME OR CONE SHAPE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I am in the process of doing an aftermarket fog light install on mine right now. I've got the juicers cut out, the 3" projector lamps installed in the airdam and both are wired to the factory wiring harness. Front foglight relays have been installed in both fuse boxes, but I'm still not getting power to the lamps. Figured it must be the one-position headlight switch in the dash, so I just ordered the two-position unit from Ford on Monday. With any luck, I'll have them up and running this weekend.