Ford Transit Connect Forum

Keyless Entry Keypad

I don't have much to add at this point other than the fact that I spent three hours at the dealership while they tried everything to program the keyless pad.   They apparently even had to hook a laptop up to the car and ended up killing my two original keys and then were required by the car to program 4 keys as was originally configured.  In the end they said the part number was wrong and they were getting me the right one.  What an ordeal.  I have to say my dealership and service advisor were great considering they did this all on their own accord.  I'll chime back in with the part number of the one I had and the one I end up with.  

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/22/2016 at 7:59 PM, kookmyers said:

I don't have much to add at this point other than the fact that I spent three hours at the dealership while they tried everything to program the keyless pad.   They apparently even had to hook a laptop up to the car and ended up killing my two original keys and then were required by the car to program 4 keys as was originally configured.  In the end they said the part number was wrong and they were getting me the right one.  What an ordeal.  I have to say my dealership and service advisor were great considering they did this all on their own accord.  I'll chime back in with the part number of the one I had and the one I end up with.  

thanks for the update. sounds like you're making some progress.

the part I got, as posted on page 1 of this thread in the original post, is

Part Number: ES7Z-14A626-A is compatibility for TC - 2013, 2014, 2015

My keypad and 4 keys are now programmed to the vehicle.  I had the ES7Z-14A626-A keypad originally and it would NOT work.  The 7L2Z-14A626-BA was ordered by the dealer and was programmed by them without issue.

I have not installed the new keypad yet but am looking forward to it.

Thanks for all the advice all.

12 hours ago, kookmyers said:

My keypad and 4 keys are now programmed to the vehicle.  I had the ES7Z-14A626-A keypad originally and it would NOT work.  The 7L2Z-14A626-BA was ordered by the dealer and was programmed by them without issue.

I have not installed the new keypad yet but am looking forward to it.

Thanks for all the advice all.

glad you've finally got it sorted out. before you install it make sure the spot doesn't have a lot of bounce to it. some body areas are soft and you have a tendency to push pretty good when punching the keys. better to pick a firm spot.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I got a Keypad for the right price from a friend that didn't put it on his F350: Free:thumbsup:

I'm not sure what the part# is but it worked.

This is what worked for me on my 2017 and I have 4 keys:

From driver’s seat:
Fasten front seat belts, place shifter in PARK and arrange to operate the 2 integrated key transmitters (IKT) that came with vehicle and the Remote Keypad to be programmed.
Unlock doors with one of the key transmitters
Insert a transmitter key in ignition and quickly (within 6 seconds) cycle ignition switch from OFF to RUN 8 times ending in OFF position.
Press door lock button on each of the two key transmitters in succession.
Then, press the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons on the Remote Keypad simultaneously for 2 seconds.

Button lights will go out on remote keypad 10 seconds after the last operation.
Test remote unlocking operation of IKTs by pushing the unlock button and the remote keypad using the 5-digit factory code.
Test locking operation by pressing 7/8 + 9/0 keys on keypad simultaneously.

• 3 years later...

Bringing this thread back just for help with new keypad.

I entered programming mode with key positions 0, II, and was able to program the two key fobs.

When I push the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons at the same time (hold for 2 seconds even) I get no response from the car.

2014 TC LWB XLT if that matters.

Edited by arengant
Was able to get into programming mode, but still no luck.

I figured it out! For those who buy the new keypad (only one available now) you have to change frequency of the key pad. I followed the thread and PDF from the full size transit forum:

https://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/threads/keyless-entry-installation-2018.63202/page-3#post-989372

2 hours ago, arengant said:

Bringing this thread back just for help with new keypad.

I entered programming mode with key positions 0, II, and was able to program the two key fobs.

When I push the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons at the same time (hold for 2 seconds even) I get no response from the car.

2014 TC LWB XLT if that matters.