Ford Transit Connect Forum

How To Use Easy Fuel Capless Fuel System

windguy

Thanks for that but I would prefer a regular cap plus a lockable one.

I guess it is convenient that don't have to deal with the cap but to be able to lock it would better for me

Internally it does lock, its designed to be tamper resistant. I suppose if the thief had the special ford funnel they could bypass it, but that's probably unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...

@Johnguy

This accessory was made just for you. Maybe me too

Not sure about compatibility for a TC though. Check it out and let us know

http://accessories.ford.com/locking-fuel-plug.html

That's a nice find thanks!!

I'm OK with the capless design but if the fuel fill up door would be lockable that would be better, but this would works fine too,simple way to do it

I guess you spending a lot of time on the net researching everything about your upcoming TC ☺

I guess you spending a lot of time on the net researching everything about your upcoming TC ☺

ha, ha, yes. It's an obsession at this point. I've got nothing else to play with. :(

Since Ford updated the TC page for the 2015, I wanted to see if they also updated the accessories, which they did.

I need to add in a keypad for entry since that is no longer offered as an option for 2015, so couldn't order one. Easy to install and can be mounted anywhere, which might work out better for me this way. Need to do something will I'm waiting, and waiting and waiting ..................

ha, ha, yes. It's an obsession at this point. I've got nothing else to play with. :(

Since Ford updated the TC page for the 2015, I wanted to see if they also updated the accessories, which they did.

I need to add in a keypad for entry since that is no longer offered as an option for 2015, so couldn't order one. Easy to install and can be mounted anywhere, which might work out better for me this way. Need to do something will I'm waiting, and waiting and waiting ..................

I know waiting is exciting and painful

Why you need a keypad you don't like the remote ?

I know waiting is exciting and painful

Why you need a keypad you don't like the remote ?

I surf and windsurf at the beach often and currently use a keysafe, like a realtor lockbox, that I got from Home Depot. I put my single key inside and I hang it from the roof rail. If you stash a key on the car it's susceptible to being stolen either by someone watching you or finding your hiding spot. They know you will be gone for a while. Adding in a keypad will be the ultimate solution for me to not having to worry about the key or getting locked out by mistake. I'm really glad Ford offers this option and it's only $85 or less and easy to install. Good to have for other activities as well like running or biking or if multiple people want to gain access to the car and don't have the key.

I surf and windsurf at the beach often and currently use a keysafe, like a realtor lockbox, that I got from Home Depot. I put my single key inside and I hang it from the roof rail. If you stash a key on the car it's susceptible to being stolen either by someone watching you or finding your hiding spot. They know you will be gone for a while. Adding in a keypad will be the ultimate solution for me to not having to worry about the key or getting locked out by mistake. I'm really glad Ford offers this option and it's only $85 or less and easy to install. Good to have for other activities as well like running or biking or if multiple people want to gain access to the car and don't have the key.

Nice to live in the good weather all the time I'm jealous its getting cold in NY☺

That makes sense its sucks there is no option to have it installed by ford where do you think you will get it installed does it goes on with double sided tape or something or you need to make a hole?

it's nice weather, but we need some rain badly.

yes, the keypad installs with double sided tape and you can stick it anywhere on the van. for me the back door area would be most convenient. it operates just like your keyless remote. it also has a battery that needs to be changed.

this was an option you could order for 2014 but for some reason they dropped it for 2015. I'd prefer to mount it where I want to anyway.

I'll start a separate thread to see if anyone else has installed one.