Ford Transit Connect Forum

Front passenger seat

Has anyone ever successfully removed the front passenger seat?

I've had both front seats out to install the sound system. Simple to unbolt, lean them rearward and take them out through the sliding doors.

They will go out the front doors, however. When going out the front doors, use extreme caution as they will gouge the hell out of the trim panels if you don't.

The stereo guy ruined my right front door trim panel trying to go out the door. I tried the sliding door with the driver side with no issue. A new one was installed shortly thereafter.

Stereo amp is now under the left seat, some wiring passed through under the rightt seat. I'll be pulling them again to insulate the front floor area within a short while.

I'd like to get rid of the useless armrest on the left seat. It is WAY too low to be of use for me, and essentially gets in the way at times. Looks like I'll have to buy a seat back cover to do so.

Roland C.

Happily Transiting shift.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm also considering removing the front passenger seat in mine. I want to remove it permanently and install a paperwork cabinet. I know there are airbag sensors in the seat though. I've unplugged them temporarily but the airbag light stays on. I plugged it back in but am hoping someone here might know a way to "fool" it into thinking the seat is still there or bypass it altogether.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also considering removing the front passenger seat in mine. I want to remove it permanently and install a paperwork cabinet. I know there are airbag sensors in the seat though. I've unplugged them temporarily but the airbag light stays on. I plugged it back in but am hoping someone here might know a way to "fool" it into thinking the seat is still there or bypass it altogether.

Any ideas?

Yes, there are things you can plug in to simulate the presence of an airbag. Techs use them when they are troubleshooting the airbag circuits. IIRC, you have to get them from a Ford Dealer and they cost ~ $30. I will try to find more info, Iknow I have seen them mentioned on FocalJet.

Also, We have an indicator that showswhen the passenger airbag is inactive (no one in the seat) . My F-150 had a key slot so that I could turn off the passenger airbag. Since the TC also comes as a 2 seater I wonder if there is a way to do it in the TC? Need to do some research.