Ford Transit Connect Forum

No, I don't want to build a snowman.

Eazy

I guess it's only right that I take a moment to introduce myself.

My name is Ian. I'm from Idaho Falls, Idaho.

I'm a man of many hobbies and passions, but cars have been a big part of my life since I was 16 years old. I started off building off-road trucks and rock crawlers, then I got into Japanese imports, and then I spent the better part of the last decade owning/working on Volkswagens.

Until last month I owned a 1971 Volkswagen Bus and a 1991 Volkswagen Golf GTI. Both were in various states of disrepair and had their own individual quirks that made them difficult to count on. In a moment of madness, I decided that I wanted to own something reliable, functional, and fun...so I sold both of them and started working on finding a new vehicle. I had no idea what I was doing, but I knew I had to figure something out.

That led me to the Ford dealership down the street from my office. I had seen the Transit Connect and been aware of it for quite some time, but had never actually sat in or drove one. As someone who is 6'6" tall, I was curious as to what kind of comfort I would find in an "unminivan." Well, one thing becomes another and I ended up walking out of the dealership with a 2014 LWB Wagon in Frozen White.

SJMplDm.png

So that's it. That's me. I'll be around. I spend a lot of time in front of a computer.

@Ian - thanks for posting your story.

great pic of your new van. very nice looking.

I'm 6-2 and looking forward to having a vehicle that my head doesn't touch the headliner. The TC has lots of headroom.

What do you like and dislike about your TC so far?

What options does your TC have?

@Ian - thanks for posting your story.

great pic of your new van. very nice looking.

I'm 6-2 and looking forward to having a vehicle that my head doesn't touch the headliner. The TC has lots of headroom.

What do you like and dislike about your TC so far?

What options does your TC have?

I think my favorite thing about it is the room and how easy the seats are to move around. I ride a very large mountain bike and I was able to throw it in the back without taking any thing off the bike or removing anything from the TC. At this point, it's a camper kit away from replacing my bus, which in my mind is just a matter of folding down the seats and throwing in an air mattress. My daughter loves it, which I guess is really the important part.

I think the only "options" I have are the backup camera, the automatic windows, and the steering wheel controls. A part of me wishes I would have ordered it, because I would have added the roof rails and bluetooth options, but that would have also been a matter of time and money and I don't need either of those items bad enough to justify the expense.

I'm 6'3" and I find the driver seat thigh support a bit weak, how do you feel?

Honestly, I haven't noticed much with the thigh support. I just drove it 600 miles last weekend and my only real discomfort was the opening between the ignition and the stereo where my right knee rests. My knee goes all the way up to the key when my foot is on the accelerator and so it kind of gets jammed in between the hard plastic of the console and the metal on my keys. It's not a huge problem, since I just throw on cruise control and move my leg, but compared to my other cars it is an awkward experience. The steering wheel also feels small, but I've noticed that in almost every newer car I've driven.

It should be noted that I'm also used to climbing in and out of racing seats that are almost always too small for me, so I have a really warped understanding of "comfort."

I guess it's only right that I take a moment to introduce myself.

My name is Ian. I'm from Idaho Falls, Idaho.

I'm a man of many hobbies and passions, but cars have been a big part of my life since I was 16 years old. I started off building off-road trucks and rock crawlers, then I got into Japanese imports, and then I spent the better part of the last decade owning/working on Volkswagens.

Until last month I owned a 1971 Volkswagen Bus and a 1991 Volkswagen Golf GTI. Both were in various states of disrepair and had their own individual quirks that made them difficult to count on. In a moment of madness, I decided that I wanted to own something reliable, functional, and fun...so I sold both of them and started working on finding a new vehicle. I had no idea what I was doing, but I knew I had to figure something out.

That led me to the Ford dealership down the street from my office. I had seen the Transit Connect and been aware of it for quite some time, but had never actually sat in or drove one. As someone who is 6'6" tall, I was curious as to what kind of comfort I would find in an "unminivan." Well, one thing becomes another and I ended up walking out of the dealership with a 2014 LWB Wagon in Frozen White.

SJMplDm.png

So that's it. That's me. I'll be around. I spend a lot of time in front of a computer.

Welcome and congrats nice van and interesting photo!

When I read the headline I would not think someone introducing himself.

But I checked it out...

Welcome and congrats nice van and interesting photo!

When I read the headline I would not think someone introducing himself.

But I checked it out...

Sorry, I'm the king of obscure references.

Color is frozen white, Disney movie called "frozen", my daughter's favorite song from that movie is "Do you want to build a snowman."

Sometimes I let my creative bug get to out of hand.

Color is frozen white, Disney movie called "frozen", my daughter's favorite song from that movie is "Do you want to build a snowman."

Its OK ....are you an artist? ☺

I like obscure references, to a point. It makes you think, and that's a good thing.

Today, too many people want things spoon fed to them.

But, I'm not familiar with the movie Frozen so I couldn't make the complete connection.

I watched a video on youtube for the song and that's a sad story, dang!. Your daughter likes that?

I guess if you listen to the song and not watch the video part it can grab you. I guess with you having kid(s) you are bombarded with this type of "entertainment".

I like obscure references, to a point. It makes you think, and that's a good thing.

Today, too many people want things spoon fed to them.

But, I'm not familiar with the movie Frozen so I couldn't make the complete connection.

I watched a video on youtube for the song and that's a sad story, dang!. Your daughter likes that?

I guess if you listen to the song and not watch the video part it can grab you. I guess with you having kid(s) you are bombarded with this type of "entertainment".

Ok but if he writes like " I like to introduce my self or here is my story I would have click on his thread much earlier to say welcome to the forum.

Ok but if he writes like " I like to introduce my self or here is my story I would have click on his thread much earlier to say welcome to the forum.

nah, that's too easy. if you use the "view new content" feature, which I think you're already doing, you'll find the post quickly.

for the same reason they use scantily clad woman in advertising or more recently dogs and cats. It draws your attention.

BTW - you need to update your profile and add in your new TC XL Van instead of your Honda. Out with the old and in with new!

I won't bug you about posting a pic :)