Ford Transit Connect Forum

I picked up my new van today finally !

Hello everyone!

So today Friday i picked up my XL cargo van after exactly 5 months waiting .

Times fly it seems like yesterday when i put down a $1000 on the XL cargo van with options :

second raw windows ,

heated mirrors,

windshield heater,

6 way manual cloth bucket seats.

rear window defroster,

I was not too happy how my dealer was talking he said "oh its a working van gonna get bit up" that is not the attitude i like to hear ,it is going to be a working van for me but i take good care of my vehicles just like my passenger car.so its not gonna get bit up and i payed hard earned money for it .

Ok lets start what i like about the vehicle i am very impressed with the seats so far they are firm and very supportive feels like a strong cloth but time will tell i will going to put on a seat cover just in case, the driver seat has a nice armrest i can fold it back flush with the seat its adjust it many different positions very good.

i did not get a CD player or sync just the basic radio but it is nice to have an option i can hook up my phone to the 3.5 jack in the center console to listen to my music or any radio station from the internet ,i don't listen to cd's in car anyway .

The fit and finish is very good i like the interior the steering wheel don't have any controls on it it is basic rubber but it has a nice grip to it and the way they shaped it very good even without leather.

The engine feels it has some good power and torque but im very easy on it for now, the transmission is smooth .

A couple things they could do better:

when you open the hood it has no insulation it gets very hot how is the paint going to hold up will see that .

the gas fill up inlet has no cover i mean like the twisting cap and the one thing bothers me is when the vehicle is locked you still can open that so anybody can get to it ,unless i missed something?

There is some road noise coming from the tires probably not enough soundproofing but i can live with it, or maybe a better tire would fix that ? .

Why did they skip on a nice plastic wheel house lining on the back and they used a fabric felt like material that thing is not going to last i might waterproof it with some clear lacquer to make it work better . The front has plastic, is this how the older model has it if someone could confirm that please and how is that holds up?

A few nice touches they did at least i appreciate them and no one mentioned them anywhere maybe because they are nothing special for some or just common i don't know when you use the windshield viper it wipes twice and after a second its comes back to wipe of that last drip running down on the window ,that's very cool.

The turn signal works two ways one is you hit it and it signals 3 times or you actually click it and stays on until you turn it off.

The side view mirrors are ok they would be much better if they don't split it up with a wide angel mirror part,but i have second raw widows so i have good visibility and i will get use to it .

The steering is a little to lite i think.

well so far that's my first impression if i have more to share i will edit my post

I never owned a ford before so i hope i will be happy with it .

i will post pictures of the van the problem is 500kb file size is not big but better than nothing.

a few simple modifications im thinking to replace the original bulbs to LED rear, cabin lighting and cargo light .

Thanks for reading !

John

Edited by Johnyguy