Ford Transit Connect Forum

2016 Info/rumors?

Anybody hear anything about changes in the Transit Connect for 2016? I was all set to trade my 2010 XLT wagon in on a new 2014/2015. I wanted to get the long wheelbase in a 5 passenger version with the flip/fold seats like in my 2010. After checking with several dealers it seems like the only way you can get a long wheelbase wagon is as a 7 passenger which won't do me any good at all. I could live with the new lower roof but would like to see the high roof come back.

Went and drove both a LWB and a SWB 2014 wagon this morning. Really like either of the engines (LWB=2.5L SWB=Ecoboost) and the transmission. Loved the seats, mine are getting worn. But the lack of carry space make them a no go for me.

I want a LWB, high roof, 5 passenger one. Hopefully Ford will make one for 2016.

The high roof has to come back. The sales of TC has dropped to almost zero here whereas the old one sold like crazy. I have a hunch that the roof has smth to do with it. What good is the floorspace for two fully laden pallets if you can't load it with a forklift.

very simple ford wants you to by Transit the big brother version if you want more roof space there will be no high roof version i think , im personalty like the new van thats why i ordered it and there is plenty other people too

very simple ford wants you to by Transit the big brother version if you want more roof space there will be no high roof version i think , im personalty like the new van thats why i ordered it and there is plenty other people too

I would agree with Johnyguy.

I highly doubt you'll see a taller roof TC or any other major body style changes. I think the current one is going to run a long time.

I get why some that want to put motorcycles inside want the taller roof but I don't think Ford is going for that market.

Regarding the other shortcomings mentioned by others:

AWD or 4WD - doubt that since the TC has front wheel drive now. does Europe have an AWD version available? If they do then maybe.

Diesel - that might happen down the road since Europe has it. Does Ford offer diesel for any passenger cars? Ford pushes their ecoboost so not sure.

More Seat Options for the Wagon - like a 5 seat version instead of the 7. That might happen. Seems like a low impact change. My gut feeling says no.

I believe in the first few years the taller van was imported it quickly became the number one handicapped conversion van. Without the high top they lost that market.

interesting. Must not have been a very strong market for Ford or they didn't get their market research right.

I did a quick web search on "handicapped vans" and see lot of options on just about every van out there and more.

http://www.mobilityworks.com/Wheelchair-van-with-lowered-floor.php

For the 2014 TC - http://www.mobilityworks.com/Commercial/commercial-transit-connect.php

All European Fords have a diesel option and it's far more popular than gasoline, so, it's more like the other way around - a gasoline option.

Big Transits or other commercial trucks are not available with gasoline engine option at all.

Diesel - that might happen down the road since Europe has it. Does Ford offer diesel for any passenger cars? Ford pushes their ecoboost so not sure.
Edited by mrtn

• 9 months later...