Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014 TC warning

bikinchris

If you use a sun shade on your windshield like I do. (It saved the dashboard of my old Ranger for 17 years) Be aware that there is a gap between the dashboard and the windshield itself and in that gap, there is some sort of weatherstrip that is very sticky. If the sun shade falls into that gap, it will stick and you might tear that weatherstrip.

If you use a sun shade on your windshield like I do. (It saved the dashboard of my old Ranger for 17 years) Be aware that there is a gap between the dashboard and the windshield itself and in that gap, there is some sort of weatherstrip that is very sticky. If the sun shade falls into that gap, it will stick and you might tear that weatherstrip.

That's odd. Does this also mean that papers, etc. can get stuck in that same channel?

After looking closer, if you have a sheet of paper on the dash, they won't likely fall between the dash and windshield, because of the lip on the front edge of the dash. The sun shades are slid along the windshield, so they are more likely to go into the gap.