Ford Transit Connect Forum

Thump sound from the front

Hey everyone, I just got my TC about 3 weeks ago, XLT , Nokia bluetooth, remote start, back up sensors, the works...and so far I am pulling about 22 mpg mixed driving, and the car has 1600 miles . I really like this ugly little thing, but here is my question: has anyone ever heard a clunk/thump type of sound coming from the front? It has happened a few times recently, I drive the car, put it in park, hand brake engaged, shut off the engine, and when I come back after a few minutes, and I start it up, i hear a thump " almost as if someone kinda tapped the undercarriage with a baseball bat. The sound comes from the front, and only does it once, while it's still in park, no brakes applied or gas pedal. Usually it doesn't do it while cold, but after I've driven it, and parked for a few minutes. For the life of me, I can't figure out what it is, anyone out there with the perplexing issue as well?

• 9 months later...