Ford Transit Connect Forum

No "TONE" control on standard AM/FM radio?

Hmmm..owners books says "push MENU" and scroll thru the Bass..Treble..Balance..etc"..IF I push "menu" Here's all I get:

Scan MAN

<SCAN>

VEH ID

..and back to the top.

Anything not "unlocked"? or do I need to upgrade to get a bass/treble" function. This is a basic XL with just the front seats, and crank windows etc...and the basic radio (No CD or Aux features)

How much to upgrade to a better factory radio? Anyone out there want to sell the one that came with thiers after installing an aftermarket unit?

Since no one else seems to be answering you, I will. I think you are correct about the radio. I believe the owner’s manual is incorrect in stating that it has tone control, and also about setting the clock with this particular radio.

Your idea about buying a take out is a good one. I’d like to do that as well but there don’t seem to be any sellers at the moment.

In the meantime you may want to do what I have. I purchased a cheap ($12) transmitter to play MP3s on the FM radio. Since there is an equalizer in my MP3 player, the sound is considerably better that way. These transmitters are available at Wal-Mart and auto supply stores.

• 2 weeks later...

The standard radio does not do anything but turn on. I believe you can get the dash kits in the usa now. $100 radio, $50 door speakers (yes they need to be upgraded), and about $50 for the dash kit and harness. You will be much happier.

Yes! Mandatory Upgrade! Check car stereos on sale at Best Buy. I paid around $250 installed for a basic Alpine CD with MP3, Alpine speakers, and dash kit. Its awesome for the money and the best car stereo system I have enjoyed in many years.