Ford Transit Connect Forum

Cup Holders

boomer43

Anyone come up with a solution for the poorly executed cup holders?

Roland M(boomer43)

Personally, I find the cupholder as a concept to be a poor one, period. I would've MUCH preferred the European-spec interior that doesn't have to accommodate such things.

Those who get thirsty while driving should use their crotches and thighs like God intended! ;)

I agree with you on this one. I don't see any solution though short of moving the brake handle or the shift lever :( The whole dash is taken up and to get something on the door you'd have to screw it into the trim - not a pleasing concept... As it is, the shift lever already blocks access to the AC and circulation switches. The dash design definitely needs some tweaking.

Roland M(boomer43)

While they aren't as convenient as the ones in the Crown Vic were (in the console - LX Sport), but I've gotten used to them now. It's usually just me in there anyway..

My Dunkin' Donuts Large Coffee fits in there perfectly every morning. Gotta have it...

Roland C.

Happily Transiting shift.gif

While they aren't as convenient as the ones in the Crown Vic were (in the console - LX Sport), but I've gotten used to them now. It's usually just me in there anyway..

My Dunkin' Donuts Large Coffee fits in there perfectly every morning. Gotta have it...

Roland C.

Happily Transiting shift.gif

Damn. I'm still wanting to get my hands on a new Crown Vic LX before they go away for good. :(

Of COURSE the ultimate cop cruiser would have a cupholder perfectly-sized to a large Dunkin Donuts cup. :)

Damn. I'm still wanting to get my hands on a new Crown Vic LX before they go away for good. sad.gif

Of COURSE the ultimate cop cruiser would have a cupholder perfectly-sized to a large Dunkin Donuts cup. smile.gif

It seems the donut coupon book musta been somewhere in the car when it burned.......

That car was a LOT of fun. Basically a Marauder with lesser equipment... like 8 less valves and a fuel gauge with 3 less words. It was reprogrammed and had a few little additional goodies. The performance was, well..... OK. It ran a LOT quicker than the TC. It passed a lot of stuff, but had a long standing love affair with gas pumps. For work (stop and go, a lot of idling and paperwork) it got about 10 mpg. On the road and cruisin', it went WAY up. At 75 on cruise, 27 to 30 was not uncommon.

Beware of the driver when there was no coffee cup though..... He was a grumpy SOB!

Roland C.

Happily (though not quite so speedily) Transitingshift.gif

• 8 months later...

Roland M(boomer43)

I used 3" pvc pipe cut and shaped to contour of dash. Painted with black plasti-dip. Then siliconed into place.

Been in use now 9 months problem free. Except for those with shorter arms.