Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014 TC seating ?

Hal

I have a 2010 Transit Connect XLT wagon and am thinking about trading it on a 2014 model. But I can't find any pictures or good description of what the 2nd row seats in a LWB 5 seater look like. The local dealer has a 7 seater that I have driven and examined and I don't like it. The 2nd and 3rd row seats in the 7 seater just fold down which cuts the rear cargo height by 6" and leaves a very uneven floor for sliding stuff in.

When I build a new TC on Ford's website it says that the 5 seat LWB XLT has a 60/40 split 2nd row bench seat with a "Fold and Tumble" feature. That sounds just like the 2nd row in my 2010. But I haven't been able to find any pictures of those seats in any brochures or on the web.

Does anyone have any pics or links to pics of these seats?

Hello Hal. Here is the URL to the Ford Brochure....... http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=Transit%20Connect%20Commercial&year=2014 . Page 4 has a good shot of a 5 seater with the seat folded back. You may have already seen the brochure. I just cannot tell if it is a LWB or SWB. You are correct, it looks like you lose height when they are folded down.

Edited by 103west43rd

Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that one yet. Unfortunately on page 7 and under the XLT wagon specs it looks like the "fold and tumble" seats are only available on the SWB version. Still waiting for one of the dealers around here to get one in that I can look at. I am willing to trade off the high roof for a longer van but if I can't get usable cargo floor.