Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014 Ford Transit Connect: Who has one?

robertlane

• 2 weeks later...

The van is not as impressive as the promo suggest. Tourneo automatic (the passenger model) is much better. Better seats and interior trim. I think the van is overpriced for what it is. I don't like the seating position, lack of armrest and the placement/action of the shifter (MT). First gen has a laser sharp short throw shifter on the floor in a perfect position for the armrest, you can shift with two fingers, you never miss a gear. The new one is a bit mushy and the dash mounted shifter moves up-down instead of back and forth, which feels more natural. You might as well get a Citroën Berlingo which has exactly the same engine and is much cheaper (no LWB, sure).

I decided to keep my current TC until the wheels fall off and get the new Civic Tourer Diesel (63 mpg) for long distances. Huge boot.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Red LWB Titanium, Sync/Sat, dual zone climate, cornering fog lamps, quickclear and roof rails.

Just got it a month ago after a university student pulled in front of me a totaled my Honda Fit. I really wanted a blue with vista roof, mid vehicle overhead storage, my touch but selection was so limited because the pipeline is not filled and I needed wheels sooner than a 3 month order window. I really wanted family cargo space and now I've got it! Love the vehicle so far. Has done well in a very snowy Michigan. Quickclear is great but not so good at -5 F....That's ok, neither am I.

I keep checking local inventory for my dream spec...don't know why..the ship has sailed!

I have a Red LWB Titanium, Sync/Sat, dual zone climate, cornering fog lamps, quickclear and roof rails.

Just got it a month ago after a university student pulled in front of me a totaled my Honda Fit. I really wanted a blue with vista roof, mid vehicle overhead storage, my touch but selection was so limited because the pipeline is not filled and I needed wheels sooner than a 3 month order window. I really wanted family cargo space and now I've got it! Love the vehicle so far. Has done well in a very snowy Michigan. Quickclear is great but not so good at -5 F....That's ok, neither am I.

I keep checking local inventory for my dream spec...don't know why..the ship has sailed!

Welcome to the Ford Transit Forum. I am here in Wyandotte, Michigan and if you want to test a vehicle for cold weather conditions, this was the year! :drop:

How about posting a photo of your Transit Connect :camera:

• 2 weeks later...

I was planning on trading in my 2010 XLT wagon and getting one of the 2014 LWB models. But after doing some research, talking to the salesman at the dealership, and test driving one I have changed my mind. I really like the new engine(2.5L) and transmission compared to mine but, Ford missed the boat on many of the things I like about my 2010.

No high roof anymore which makes it difficult if not impossible to get some of the stuff I have hauled in the 2010 into it.

Second row seats do not "fold and tumble" . They just fold the back down which leaves them sticking up 6" above the floor so you lose a lot of flat floor load space. The "fold and tumble" seat are available in the SWB model but then you end up with less load floor length than I have now.

I use mine as my daily driver and end up hauling furniture, etc. as much as I haul extra passengers so the cargo space is just as important as the seating to me.

I was planning on trading in my 2010 XLT wagon and getting one of the 2014 LWB models. But after doing some research, talking to the salesman at the dealership, and test driving one I have changed my mind. I really like the new engine(2.5L) and transmission compared to mine but, Ford missed the boat on many of the things I like about my 2010.

No high roof anymore which makes it difficult if not impossible to get some of the stuff I have hauled in the 2010 into it.

Second row seats do not "fold and tumble" . They just fold the back down which leaves them sticking up 6" above the floor so you lose a lot of flat floor load space. The "fold and tumble" seat are available in the SWB model but then you end up with less load floor length than I have now.

I use mine as my daily driver and end up hauling furniture, etc. as much as I haul extra passengers so the cargo space is just as important as the seating to me.

I was hoping that those rear seats would fold down more like Dodge's Stow-and-Go system to create a flat floor.

I agree with you Hal. The new one is a nice mini-van but just doesn't serve the same purpose as the old model.

The new Transit Connect seems less commercial and more Minivan indeed.

I wonder if the Ford S-MAX is still coming stateside if that's the case?

• 2 weeks later...

The new Transit Connect seems less commercial and more Minivan indeed.

I wonder if the Ford S-MAX is still coming stateside if that's the case?

S-MAX is smth completely different. It's more like a sleeker Pacifica.

Ordered a '14 LWB cargo van (race red) in Feb. Still no delivery date offered. I, too, was told that they are being made in Spain. If there is a hold on deliveries, I need confirmation (the dealer rep wouldn't offer that info, of course). I am seeing more dealers across the US announcing that they have at least 1 in stock, so I think they are still coming into the states.

Hi

I ordered my tc with the 2.5l engine ,could you give me your opinion how you like the van so far how is the transmission working ,any problems how is MPG ?

Thank you!!

John

The Vignale looks like a big leap towards luxury segment. Nice.

if the Ford S-MAX makes it to production in the U.S., I'm betting that it will sell extremely well.

I ordered my '14 lwb cargo on November 5th 2013 and still no word on delivery. All the dealer has is a vin#.

If your order is within the U.S., check with the Vehicle locator topic on http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums

• 2 weeks later...

Hi could you give us an update on your TC how you like it and how many miles you have on it so far any issues of things you don't like , how is the gas mileage?

Apreaciated!!!